Friday, April 18, 2008

Headin' down to Seguin to camp out at the Texas Women's Chili Championships this weekend.

Drivin' down there today and settin' up the tent. We'll party with the folks and then maybe drive back ether Saturday night late or Sunday morning. Some good friends are competing and I'll be hangin' out and eating all the chili that's not tied down. It'll be hard work but I think I'm up to it. We'll sleep in a tent in the pecan bottom at the local park under the shade of some huge trees by the Guadalupe river and have a great time.



You recall last weekend we went up to Dallas and spent Saturday night at the Hyatt? I took this lopsided set of merged pictures from our window overlooking the Southwest side of town. You can go over to the FlickR site and see a few more shots. Some of them came out pretty good.

We had a great dinner there in the West End at the Hoffbrou Steak place Saturday night and then went to a huge gun show Sunday afternoon. We drove over to Ft. Worth to connect with a few friends of mine after the gun show and then hit the Pappasito's there in town before the drive back to Killeen. It was a full weekend. Looks like this one will be just as full.

After we get back Sunday I'm gonna try to tackle this yard again and reduce the jungle to a manageable level. I've also got to redo a few exams before next week, so I'll be busy.

Anyway, you guys have a great weekend and we'll talk on the flip side. Cheers.

5 comments:

none said...

that sounds like the perfect weekend.

I haven't been to a gunshow since they moved it from the airport to the shriners.

Looks like I need to go check it out.

Terrace Crawford said...

I love me some chili!

PRH said...

Hope the "Gas" isn't too costly?

Unknown said...

Have you had steak at Cattleman's in Fort Worth in the stockyards? It delicious...

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed your weekend and it was as funpacked as the previous one.

CJ xx