Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day, with me and my womens.

OK, so the original plan was to head to Austin and eat a fat meal at Pappasito's. Then Mom told us last week that maybe we'd just stay home and she'd cook Chicken Enchiladas. I was like, "Well, whatever you wanna do mom. It's your day"... Meanwhile I'm thinkin' "Damn! Friggin' women, changin' their minds every five minutes! Shit!"

Then Sis calls me Saturday morning to tell me that Pappasito's is back on. Denise and I are to meet Mom and our cousin Trish at her place in Belton at 3PM. I'm like, "Cool, those Brochette Shrimp are gonna be gooooood!" Then, Sunday morning, Mom calls. You guessed it. Pappasito's is off again, and so are the Chicken Enchiladas.

Now the plan is for Denise and I to head over at about 5PM and pick up burgers and fries on the way. I'm thinkin' "How the hell did we get here from there?", but I tell her "No problem Mom. It's your day. We'll do whatever you want." It sure was easier makin' plans with Dad. Same place, same food, every Friday. These womens are just too damn fickle.



So. we got the burgers and onion rings from DQ and the fries and malts at Micky "D"s. I brought a card and flowers over, and the camera, and we had a great time. You can see the yellow and red roses on the table in the background.

I was gonna get the burgers from Jack-in-the-crack, but there wasn't one around. LOVE their Sourdough Jack. Coulda gone to Burger king. I LOVE their Angus with all the fixens. But we were thinkin' about gettin' somethin' good and convenient, so DQ did the job.



After that we went outside and did a little pruning. The neighbors vines cross over the fence and entangle themselves in Mom's bushes. So I got back there with clippers and cut them back. Havin' about a six and a half foot wing span comes in handy in situations like this. I was born to reach tall shit. Destiny.

Then it was time to have some fun at someone else's expense. Turns out all of my womens are camera shy. Silly girls. Don't they know that's half the fun?



This it what the camera is for. It's like a more expensive version of the rubber snake I used to chase Mom and sis around the house with decades ago. And that shit still works, by the way.



The first few shots... Girlfriend in headlock and camera in other hand... went off as expected. She's cool about the first few shots. Then the smile starts to go away.












By about the fifth or sixth shot she's sayin' stuff like "Get that BLOOODY thing away from me!", in that hilarious British accent of hers. My nipples get hard just thinkin' about it.



Then you lull them into a false sense of safety by takin' a few flower shots.



But then you switch hands and start all over again'. Next thing you know Denise is assuming the Witness Protection Program pose we're all familiar with and my cousin Trish is comin' to Denise's rescue. Silly thing. Doesn't she remember the six and a half foot wingspan?


Six feet and about 9 or 10 inches. Ya just reach out, way beyond the capacity of mortal man, or woman, and keep takin' shots.


Next thing you know she's reachin' and reachin', tryin' to get the camera out of my hand...
















And ends up hoisted up over my shoulder. I just kept snappin' away. She's light as a feather.

Great fun was had by all, and the Brochette Shrimp were saved for another day. I hope your Mothers Day was as fun as ours. Cheers.

5 comments:

J said...

You know, ever since you started dating Denise that smile of yours gets bigger and happier. Good for you!

I am glad you had a nice time this weekend. I'm not gonna lie, us women ARE fickle creatures, but its only because we like keeping men on their toes!

Hope you ahve a good week!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Love the camera work...and the hoisting!

Those burgers are killing me...I ate cereal for breakfast, went to the doctor, did about 2 miles on the trail, ate a pack of crackers and peanut butter, visited mom, and then mowed the yard. I was starving by the time I finished!

BRUNO said...

I used to play the ol' "rubber-snake" routine on my Mom. Would lay it on top of the eggs in the refrigerator rack! I would simply LIVE to hear that primal-scream in the morning!

Took me till I was almost 14, but I finally got quick enough to out-run her...!

Jerry in Texas said...

You are getting pretty good at that one-arm camera thing.

Glad you got to eat...something.

Lin said...

Geez, I would LOVE a good DQ nosh! Remember, I haven't been into town since last summer so everything I don't have to cook looks GREAT!

I'm solidly with the ladies on that damned camera thing, too ... and I've never been a feather-weight and could always sneak in a good groin shot for that matter. Fair warning.