Wednesday, May 28, 2008

OK, does this mean I have a drinking problem?



Yep, I took one into the shower Saturday evening, just before we went out to eat. I know, it doesn't look good...



But wait. I had a good reason! I found some really good stuff, and it was in danger. Seriously. Dire peril!



It's called Michelob Honey Lager. Wonderful stuff! Seriously, see if you can find it. They only sell it in 6-packs here so far and they don't stock much, so I'm assuming it's new.

Anyway, I was down to one bottle, and Denise was gonna pour 7-UP into it! I ask you, what the hell is a man to do? I grabbed this little jewel away from her and took it into the shower as I washed off the accumulated grime from a day of shooting and trimming weeds (more on the shooting later). It turns out, when you're in the shower, cooling off, sudsing up and hosing down all the nooks and cranny's, what's better to sip than "the pause that refreshes"? It was goood! When I went out today to restock the local grocer was all out, so I went to a grocer down the highway and found three 6-packs. That should last the rest of the week, barring an excess of 7-UP in the vicinity. Sheeeesh!

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ha ha ha, well i don't actually know but i'll bet if you google "redneck shower stuff" in about eight hours that photo appears!!! ha ha ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

JDP said...

You should be ok as long as the shampoo bottles outnumber the beer bottles. It is when the beer bottles outnumber the shampoo bottles that you have a drinking problem.

JDP

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

It's not a drinking problem, but a tasting problem!

You did the right thing and saved it from being highly insulted!

Queen of the Universe said...

Did you know that rinsing your hair with beer makes it nice and shiny? Yep. Been doin' it for years.

Jerry in Texas said...

Drinking in the shower? I think it's time for an intervention.

Sarge Charlie said...

you are a hoot

FHB said...

Bee - I hope so. My redneck creds woiuld be established forever.

JDP - Point well taken. I guess one beer ain't so shocking.

Mushy - Jeeze man, we ain't able to get the good stuff. I gotta make due.

Queen - I've heard of that before. Sounds like a waste, but I guess it depends on what you use.

Jerry - Ya think? maybe at the bloggermeet.

Sarge - Thanks man. You too.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Killian, Bass, Sierra Nevada, Flying Dog, Sam Adams Summer Ale...something!

H2o said...

Next time just brush your teeth with it or better yet gargle with it. ; )