Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm about to head over to Temple and get dad.

I don't have much time for a decent post tonight, but figured I should put SOMETHING out there. I gave final exams today to the folks in my mini term. Most of them did well. Here's a shot from the phone of my last straggler.



After he finished I rushed home and met the plumbers. After about a half hour and about $80, I'm back to having two fully functioning shitters. Wohoo!

I met a buddy for lunch at a local place earlier today and had a good time listening to him tell me how my Florence kids misbehaved while I was gone. He subbed for me for these three weeks of the mini-term, goin' down there every day and tryin' to teach the kids how to do power point presentations. I'll start back down there Monday, and I'm sure I'll get an ear full from them too.

I've got six new classes starting Monday, two in Florence and five on Ft. Hood. Plus I'm two weeks into teaching a class for Tarleton State University. It's a Senior level Poly Sci class, Constitutional Law. It'll be a fun one to teach. Lots of heated discussions.

Denise and I went to eat at Ryan's last night. It was OK. Nice salad bar, but I've never been a huge fan of buffet style food, unless it's Chinese. Always seems kinda bland. After that we went to Wal Mart so she could pick up some stuff. She needed to get Valentines Day cards for her grandsons and baby stuff for a coworker who is expecting and about to have a baby shower.

As she looked through the cards, findin' one for the 8 year old, I told her I'd help her out. She started lookin' for one for the 13 year old and I told her to put back the sentimental one and look for one with titties on it. I know what a 13 year old boy wants to see. OK, maybe not from his granny, but still.

Then she started lookin' at baby clothes, ooooin' and aaaain' about this and that, I had a blast makin' jokes like "Well, how about a cat carrier. They could lock the little urchin up and forget it for a while". I saw a fancy toilet seat with handles, for potty trinin', I guess, and told her if she ever saw one full size, that would be cool as hell. And the full body things with a zipper down the leg, and feet, all in some sort of fluffy fleece. I told her if she ever found anything like that in XXL Tall, jump at it.

Anyway, after that we went back to the hooch, drank heavily and passed out in front of the TV.

OK, not really. Well, sort of, but not really.

Anyway, I'm late to go get dad. You guys have a great weekend. Cheers.

10 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Damn, you might as well be married...slowly moving through stores touching and felling everything...I have to, but you?

FHB said...

Oh hell, it's fun. And if I get bored with what she's doin' I just wander over to the cameras, or the guns, or the DVDs. I mean, it's Wal Mart for Christ's sake.

Lin said...

Holy Moses! If you hadn't mentioned about picking up Dad, I wouldn't have realized that today was Friday!

And you had plumbers (plural?!) over to fix two cans and got away with an $80 tab? Did you Fat Hairy scare 'em or something? Wow, all the more reason for me to detest that scumbag state we left behind.

Trying to picture you lounging around in a fleece zip-up body bag. Better make it a double-wide with room for Denise!

TexasFred said...

Does your Dad know you're a blogger??

My folks are long dead but my son the Sheriffs Deputy tells his fellow officers I run a whoreouse in Northern Nevada, that way my radical politics won't cause him any trouble in the heavily Democratic area he lives in... :)

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Good to see some things never change then! (Your regular Friday meal out with your dad.)

Does that poor guy sweating out his exam know you've been taking pictures of him to post on the net? (I've heard about teachers like you..) Wink.

JDP said...

Where have you been FHB, you have not been by Dudleys Diary in a long while. You need to quit working so hard, traveling and having so much fun and go back to reading blogs.

JDP

FHB said...

Mushy - Denise says your comment was "cheeky".

Lin - I guess it was one plummer and his assistant, and it was one shitter that was out of kilter. Actually the valve that you use to shut the water off was busted. I couldn't get the water to shut off so I could change out the inner workings. It was constantly draining water.

And yea, that would be a picture wouldn't it? Denise says she'd figure out a way to get in there with me.

Texas Fred - He does, but his mind is such that he's really oblivious to it all. The other folks in the family know it. They assume we're all out there on the web tryin' to have sex with one another... Like that's a bad thing.

And that's hilarious about the cat house. Too bad it ain't true. It's always cool to know someone with connections.

And Shrinkie - Great to hear from ya babe. Miss you terribly. Nope, nothing here has changed much.

And no, he didn't know I was taking his picture. Never tried to take any of the under-the-table kind. Not that much of a perve. Anyway, I have friends send me all the nasty stuff I can handle.

TexasFred said...

The other folks in the family know it. They assume we're all out there on the web tryin' to have sex with one another... Like that's a bad thing.
******************
I've seen your pic dude, it IS a bad thing... :/

FHB said...

JDP - VERY sorry dude, but hell, you post like 20 things a day. I can't keep up.

Texas Fred - Dow, dissed! I'll have you know... Well, yea, OK.

GUYK said...

I took a Senior level Poly Sci class, Constitutional Law class many years ago..did pretty good in it once I learned to keep my big mouth shut. But it was a left wing prof and I had to argue a bit. Sure would like to set in on one that you teach.