Monday, June 08, 2009

Well, I'm baaaack!

I had a great time in Canada, though the fishing wasn't what it's been in the past. What the hell though... Any day on the lake is better than work, right?

The weather was great... 40s or 50s at night and 60s or 70s during the day. The sun was almost always shining, leaving me with a nice tan, chapped lips and about a weeks worth of whiskers to fill out the beard. Thinkin' about leavin' it full. We'll see. No sun burn, but maybe just short of one.

The food was wonderful... Chili dawgs and corn-on-the-cob Wednesday night, Cheese burgers and mac-n-cheese Thursday, a fish fry (Pike, Crappy and a few plump Punkin' Seeds) and chicken-n-rice Friday, and then big fat steaks and baked taters Saturday night. The little grill we brought this year worked it's ass off. Wonderful.

My flights were uneventful. No lost luggage or anything. And I got a lot of reading done on the way. I finally finished one book I'd started a long time ago and been nibblin' at for ever, and then on the way home I started a new one that's knockin' my socks off. Check 'em out!

Denise picked me up at the airport in Austin last night around 10:45. We stopped at a burger place for breakfast burritos and got back home at about midnight. When we got into the house I opened up my bag and gave her the card and present I'd picked up at the duty-free in Canada. We spent a while after that gettin' reacquainted.

I got the pictures off the camera this mornin' before I had to make the drive here to San Saba but I didn't have much time to work on them. Maybe I'll have some to post by Wednesday. I got some nice ones.

So, stay tuned. Cheers!

4 comments:

BRUNO said...

All this, and he STILL has time to READ...!!!

PRH said...

I know the fishin' wasn't as good, but you gotta at least have some fish stories or fishy photos?

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I'm hungry all of a sudden.

Sarge Charlie said...

I am working on a series of post and was reminded of something that made me think of you. My mothers sister, a red head, was a teacher for the Airforce in london from the 60's to early 80's. I wondered if you were in the school there at that time. Her name was Hazel Barton/Lopp