Wednesday, April 07, 2010

We had a great meal for Easter.

Denise cooked for everyone, for me, her brother and sister-in-law. My mom was supposed to come, but woke up feeling puny and ended up begging off.

Martin and I went to play pool in the afternoon, leaving Denise and Carolyn there to prepare the feast.



By the time we got back, around 4PM, not only was the food ready, but Denise had whipped up a batch of her Southern Comfort Punch.



The first course was a round of Yorkshire Puddings, with punch to wash them down.



I have a hell of a time, causing hoots of British outrage when I ask for butter on my biscuits. It's like I'm insulting their national dish. They're not bad, but I'd rather have a cornbread muffin with butter and jalapenos. But that's just me. I guess I'm a heathen.



The main spread was wonderful... Spiral cut ham, fried and mashed taters, brussels sprouts, cabbage and cut green beans.

I LOVE a spiral cut pig, and had at least two GOOD helpings, making sure to dip my fork full into the syrup that collected in the bottom of the pan. Mmmmmm, good.

The carnage was horrific, but the leftovers are still being picked over. I've been having big healthy ham and cheese sandwiches for breakfast all week, and will continue to do so as long as it lasts.

Monday night, the four of us went to my regular pool hall and the girls sat and entertained them selves while Martin and I played a few hours worth of games. He usually beats me, but I enjoy the education, and now and then I get to win.

Tonight is my pool night, when I play on the team. I'll head home from here, from San Saba, when I get out of class at 8PM. I'll change into some shorts and then we'll all head to the club.

Like i said, Martin is a pro. He always schools me when he comes. Maybe, with all this practice, tonight's match will end better than last weeks did. Sheeesh, it was awful.

The Brits will be here until Monday, when they fly to Minnesota to see some other folks. Then, the end of next week, they'll fly home to the land of cold and wet weather. It's been great to see them again.

Anyway, I'm off. Cheers.

1 comment:

BRUNO said...

Man, whatever happened to ICED TEA? Or "un-adulterated" plain ol' FRUIT-PUNCH?

Makes my liver turn grey just thinkin' about it---LOL!!!