Thursday, May 13, 2010

First off...

My Wednesday night pool team won the tournament last night. We went from last place to third, and now head go to the City tournament. If we win there, we go to Vegas to play. Wouldn't that be a hoot?



Secondly, two of my Juniors down in Florence won the state Class 2A Tennis Championships Tuesday. That's Ashee Brunson there on the cover of the local sports page. She and Kasey Button won the Girls Doubles title, 7-5, 6-3. I'm proud as hell of these kids.



Finally, my sister drove into town from Oklahoma Wednesday to visit mom and get some stuff from her storage locker. I went over in the afternoon and took these two of my women out to eat at BJs.



We started out with drinks and appetizers. Tater skins and Santa Fe Spring Rolls. Mmmm, good. Mom ended up having two Margaritas, while sis killed three Bloody Marys. I was the piker here, enjoying just one Blue Moon. But I was driving.



My meal of choice was the BBQ chicken sandwich, with Applewood smoked bacon. Again... Mmmm, good. After the appetizers, I only ate half the sandwich. Yea, I know. I must be slipping. But I wanted to bring the other half home to Denise, who was at work and couldn't be there. Yea, I'm such a sweet guy. Pffft.

After the visit I drove back home, and in time, Denise and I headed for the pool hall. It was a fun night. Two cigars. I'm really proud of my teammates. They all played really well. I hope we can keep it up in a few weeks at City.

As I've already told you, Denise and I fly out to Nashville this afternoon. We'll rent a car there and drive up to Bowling Green, where much of Denise's family is gathering to see her youngest walk the stage to get her Masters Degree. It should be a fun trip. We'll fly home Sunday, and I'm sure I'll have pictures to show you.

I hope you all have a great weekend too. Cheers.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

Congrats on the victory! Hope you get to go to LV!