Sunday, March 20, 2011

Denise and i took mom to Applebee's Friday night.



Mom had the Oriental Chicken salad, and she and I shared an order of Chicken Wonton Tacos as an appetizer. Mmmm, good.



Denise had the Quesadilla Burger, and I tried out a new dish. But my picture of the Cajun Shrimp Pasta didn't come out, so click here to get yer drool on.

After dinner, we made a short trip to Dairy Queen for treats, and then we went back to mom's place.



Mom's been wanting me to raid dad's liquor cabinet and get rid of all the stuff she doesn't need. I finally remembered to do it Friday night. It was amazing to see what dad had been storin' away.



Check out that big unopened bottle of Old Grand-Dad, and the big unopened bottle of Canadian Club. And dig the date on that unopened bottle of Crown. 1974. Thanks dad.

Today in a sad anniversary. It's been three years to the day that we lost the old dude. I still think about him all the time.



Here's to ya pops. Cheers!

2 comments:

*Goddess* said...

Hey now, there are some things in that liquor cabinet I'd be more than happy to "get rid of" for you. BTW. why does Crown Royal come in that blue bag all the time???? I've always wondered what kind of marketing strategy that was. "If we put it in a box, it's like all the other booze on the shelf, BUT if we put in a drawstring BAG as well, well THEN..." I don't get it.

FHB said...

Not sure why, but they sure are handy little bags.