Monday, November 20, 2006

Warning...

What ever you do, DO NOT click on the link over at Big Dicks place. If you value you still digesting lunch... Enough said.

And what's with the Michael Richards rant that's all over CNN? He supposedly went off on some hecklers at a comedy club and spewed a lot of racial epithets at everyone? I got home and turned on the TV and Paul Rodriguez was holding a press conference defending himself for having Richards on the stage. All these people were demanding an apology and saying that certain words should be banned from the stage acts at the club. Rodriguez, poor bastard, was torn between being mad a Richards and defending Richards "free speech" rights. His point was that it's a commercial medium, and Richards won't get hired back if he offends people. It'll be interesting to see how all this turns out. Richards publicists are probably going over different versions of maia culpa as we speak. Hilarious.

The news conference went on for 15 minutes. My first thought was that he might be pulling an Andy Kaufman routine, doing something outrageous to get attention and then tell everyone later he was testing the bounds of decency? I used to hate that shit when Kaufman did it. I hate to see comedians using average people as their targets, like in Jackass when they dress up as old people and try to shock pedestrians. Not funny. Hanging Steve-O on a tight rope over a pool of alligators with a chicken tied to his G-string... Hilarious! Anyway, Richards is rich as hell, so I guess he can flip everyone off and go live on a mountain somewhere. Question is, if he's rich, why the hell isn't he doing that now? You wouldn't see my ass again, that's fer sure.

Anyway, I'm off. Giving tests tonight. FUN! Hehehehehehe.

Update; There was major carnage. Arterial hemorrhaging in the halls. It was ugly, but I gave em this Wednesday off.

3 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Well...you were right...but you know I did!

FHB said...

You know, I coulda gone there, posted that sort of thing, but I just couldn't make myself. Sheesh.

phlegmfatale said...

I am SO with you on what classifies as humor - duping people into appearing on film, treating them like shit and then calling them racists or stupid, or whatever. Like Borat. Fucking hate that - not funny. Just mean and nasty and the very worst of human character.
The fishing for homeless skit at the end of the first Jackass movie ruined the whole movie for me. They put a dollar on a weighted line and left it on a sidewalk and then reeled it in to make homeless people chase it. As the scruffy homeless guy realized the joke and then split into a nearly toothless grin and laughed with the assholes filming this segment, I felt like my heart would break. To me, mocking a person in that tragic state -- even if it is by choice -- by making them participants in their own humiliation is unconscionable.
Now, frat boys - that's a whole 'nother thing - make fun of them early, make fun of them often, I say.