Sunday, December 31, 2006

Dinner at the Outback is always fun with the family.

The family went to dinner at the Outback steakhouse tonight to celebrate the new year.

The folks, well preserved for their ages, 79 and 84, respectively. Still chuggin' along pretty well.


Sis and I. It's always a struggle to get her to sit still for a picture. As a result, she always takes such a good picture (ha!). Muh. Only one of many ways she can be a huge pain in my ass. I'm sure she'd say the same about me. Siblings.


See what I mean. I made that necklace she's wearing. Simple stocking stuffer for both she and mom at Christmas. Easy peasy. Nothing like the stuff Phlegmmy puts out.


Appetizers; a bloomin' onion with honey mustard dip sauce, and crab dip, and bread. If you ever go, ask for the honey mustard sauce on the side. It's excellent. Much better than the mustard sauce they give you with the onion. We know how to do this shit. Just don't get in the way. You can't see them, but mom's having a Margarita and sis is having a White Russian. DP for dad and water for yours truly. I know, boring.


Mmmmm. Shrimp for dad and I. Salads for the ladies, then shrimp over rice for mom and fillet minion for the big sis. I tell ya, we make a hell of a mess, but it's good stuff. Sis took home about half her steak, and a few of mom and dads shrimp. She knows better than to try to reach for mine. Bring back a nub.


Always the last bit of drama, discussing the size of the tip with sis (who used to be a waitress in Dallas back in the 80s). The look on dads face is classic. I think in the end, the damage was about $120, tip included. Not bad for eating machines like us, and I'm just counting my sister and I.


And then we wait for sis to finish her salad. It takes her FOREVER to finish. Eats slowly. Something about digestion, or just annoying the piss out of everyone else. Ether way, it's her thing.

After that they deposited me back here and then headed back to Temple and Belton. We'll all be sacked out or laid out in front of the TV, or this friggin' thing, when the time comes at midnight. Yep, boring as hell. What can I tell ya.

Found out today that I've got an extra day off due to Ford's demise. The base will be closed Tuesday, due to the national day of morning. This means I'll be finishing up the mini term faster. I'll be taking the history class from about 1820 to 1877 in two days. Don't blink, is all I'll say. New semester starts Monday (the 8th), so there's no time to spare. Government class will be easy to finish. Not as much to talk about. I can blather on endlessly in the history class, but teaching government is a chore, so I don't mess around.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE. Hope all you new years wishes come true, and everyone is healthy and wealthy next year. Cheers.

8 comments:

*Goddess* said...

Damn that blooming onion looks delish--- I mean, happy new year!

FHB said...

It is, particularly with the honey mustard sauce.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yeah...I wanna bite!

They look like great folks FHB!

I loved the .gif! I can't wait for true virtual-cyber sex! Probably find me dead at the computer.

FHB said...

Man, you remember that old movie "Brainstorm" from the early 80s? That's the shit I'm waitin' for.

Canoes under my shoes said...

I drank pop last night...hey...somebody's got to be responsible.

Happy New Year!

Just Another Old Geezer said...

Hope I look as good as your Dad at his age. If I make it to his age. And ain't sisters fun? At least I'm the oldest. But that didn't stop her from beatin' the crap out of me occasionaly.

FHB said...

Thanks. Dads doin' ok for his age. Has a bit of trouble getting around, and is showing some signes of loosing a few faculties, but we're glad to have him around, so long as he's healthy.

And the big sis is a huge pill at times, but can also be a great friend. Ya know, ya can't pick yer relatives so ya might as well try to get along.

Becky said...

I love going to Outback and I think you get quite a bit for your money, compared to most other restaurants.

I'm actually surprised that only the federal government honors a day of mourning for a president.