Saturday, March 22, 2008

Everything is going fine, for the most part.

I don't have time now to read blogs or post anything with all that's happened, but I just wanted to say how much I love all you folks and how much your sweet comments mean to me and my family.

Eventually I'll be able to tell you about everything that's gone on, including some amazing family drama. The last 48 hours have been a mix of wonderful joy and laughter, as well as profound grief and anger. I know that sounds like one of those 1930s serials... "Tune in next time to see if the car goes over the cliff!", but it's the way everything has unfolded.

Well, welcome to my life. We'll talk. Don't worry about commenting again to this one. I just wanted to tell you all how much I love you and how great it is to have friends like you. In a time like this I guess you really find out who your friends are. It's been wonderful.

I'm doing fine, and my Mom is being very strong. Much of the family came together tonight at the viewing and it was great. More folks will arrive tomorrow. The funeral is tomorrow afternoon and then we're gonna gather at mom and dads house and have some food and some of Denise's Southern Comfort Punch.

Denise has been a rock in these last few days that my mom could lean on while I couldn't always be there, and she's shown me all the love that I never really thought I'd have. I can't imagine going through this time without her, and all of you.

My cousin Bob arrived from Pennsylvania today. He's very close to me, like a wise older brother who's been through all this before (both of his parents are gone now). So now I have another guy here who's on hand to laugh and cry with. Between Denise, big brother Bob, and my other big brother on my speed dial, I'll make it through this ordeal just fine.

Tomorrow will be very hard. Maybe the hardest thing I've ever been through. But I know I have the love of many treasured friends, and that's making things very much easier. Thanks a lot for that.

Cheers.

16 comments:

H2o said...

We love you too. Just so you know I'll be thinking of you and keeping you and your mom in my prayers. Give Mom a big for me.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hugs fhb! sarge did a post about you the other day. it was nice and you might like to look at it. he is like you, a good man!

hugs, bee

Rachel said...

I read about your Dad from Jerry's blog. So sorry for your loss. God bless.

J said...

I know you said no comments, but I just had to say I will be thinking of you all today. Thank God for Denise being there for you, I know that having her with you must have helped make this all a bit easier.

"We'll talk.." I've heard that one before!!

GUYK said...

Just to let you know me and sweetthing are thinking about you.

TexasFred said...

Jeff, Becky and I sent our sincere and most heart felt sympathies, we have both lost our parents over the past few years and just want you to know, we DO care man...

And may your Dad rest in peace, he has surely earned that...

Fred

Lin said...

If I could take on some of the sorrow from your heart to give you a break, I surely would. Love and big bear hugs to all of you.

Cath said...

I've only just 'met' you on the post below but just wanted to say I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Hope it goes smoothly.

Sarge Charlie said...

we are with you all the way my friend

Christo Gonzales said...

we send our love and condolences since your loss is our loss

Mike Golch said...

Hi,I saw on your friends site that you have lost your father,you have my condolences on your loss.
I lost my Dad in 1984 he was only 58.

Kevin said...

Hang in there my man. My thoughts are with you.

phlegmfatale said...

We love you too, and we're thinking of you.

I've thought many times these couple days how great it is that your pa got to see you settled with such a lovely and wonderful woman as Denise. Perfect timing.

Anonymous said...

Hello... I arrived in your blog from Sarge Charlie. I happened to read your recent updates about your Dad. Your Dad's story makes me cry...I just want to extend my heartfelt sympathy and condolence for losing your Dad. I guess, its his time already and pretty much sure that he'll live in the kingdom of God. Life must go on despite the fact that his gone now and will never ever came back again... Be strong and keep going...

BRUNO said...

Sorry to be runnin' late, with my feelings for you, dude. But like I told Mushy---there's nothing I can add that you haven't already been given. And like the others, you know where we are.

And you know my address...

Nancy said...

Ah FHB, I'm sorry to hear that your dad's gone. I enjoyed reading about your trips to the Chinese buffet.

I lost my dad in April of 2006, but he was not himself for about a year before that.

We've something else in common too, I was born in 1960 as well.