Thursday, March 06, 2008

Woo Hoo, it's Thursday...

Which means it's almost Friday. Happy happy, joy joy. I'm givin' a test tonight at 7:30, which means I'll be out of there early. Thursdays are great because I don't have a 4:45 class. That means I have a long break from 1:30 to 7:30 in the evening. I can usually get lots of crap done. I usually try to catch up on reading emails and blogs, but that's becoming a loosing battle.



It's overcast and chilly today, mixed with light rain. I love this sort of weather though. If I was runnin' things the rain would turn to snow and we'd have a foot or more of the shit throwin' everyone around here into a panic and we'd get a few "snow days" off from school. Hope springs eternal.



Of course. whenever it gets chilly around here I just put on a heavier jacket and my rain hat and light up my own little personal heater.




Those Punch tubes that I ordered a while back arrived at the door yesterday and I smoked the first one this morning. Got a pretty little guillotine cutter for free in the deal. Turns out those cigars are just the right size to allow me to smoke one down to the nub on the drive up from my morning classes in Florence to my lunch time classes on Ft. Hood.

My CMP connection, Dave Waters, came into my 4:45 class last night as it was getting started, grinned at me like an idiot and said in a musical tone "I know what your new carbine looks like and you don't." I was unmoved. It looks like I'll have to wait till Sunday to go up there and get it. We'll clean it up and put a few rounds through the particle board out on his back 40 before i bring it home. Saturday looks like it's gonna be busy in a different way. I've got a fat load of yard work that's been pilin' up since I weed whacked the last time. Remember this picture?



Well, it's that time again. The specter of yard work, a good days worth of hackin' and choppin', looms like a cloud over what could otherwise be a fun weekend. Denise has some kid comin' over to mow her lawn Sunday afternoon (HUGE friggin' corner lot with nothin' but crab grass and other weeds). I mowed it once, about a week into the relationship. That was enough. It served it's purpose. She makes enough money to pay someone, so I don't feel bad about not doin' it.

Both of us work ridiculous hours during the week and have a very hard time blowing our weekends on this sort of toil. So, lets just say, the jungle gets thick, in an amazingly short amount of time. Of course, it's raining like crazy as I type this, so maybe we'll get a reprieve. Mmmm, I'm getting a vision. I see Brochette Shrimp and a tall mug of Shiner Bock in my future. Pappasito's? Could be.

Oh, I remembered the name of that great grape colored liqueur we killed off after the reunion. Chateaus Monet. Good shit, fer sure. $16.85 a bottle at the Class Six on base, but $18.49 at the booze store across town. I'll get a bottle or two for us and another for mom. Cover all the bases.

Well, I'm off. It's porin' down now, 36 degrees, but I'm powerful hungry and there's good vittles awaitin'. Y'all have a great Thursday, and I'll see ya here tomorrow for the regular Friday crap. Cheers.

5 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Still want to know how or who took that cigar photo (one in the hand)...had to be trick!

Thanks again for my surprise!

none said...

Raining like a mofo here too.

I used to smoke cigars in the car too but the smell the next morning broke me of that :)

NotClauswitz said...

Fuggedabout mowin', you need a tractor - something with powered attachments, but be careful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yard work - good exercise. My dad used to smoke cigars and I could almost smell them as I read your post.

Crystal xx

Sarge Charlie said...

you have a jungle out there, get to work, not........