Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tid bits and tunes.

Y'all need to go over and read this. I know a few of you already read that blog. He writes some amazing stuff on the war. I think you'll enjoy it.

Also, did you happen to see these poll results yesterday? Hilarious. Like rats deserting a sinking ship. I guess they can't see the big picture. like spoiled kids, they won't play if they can't win.

On a similar note, do you know how much fun I'm having trying to explain what Super Delegates and Caucuses are to my students? it's hilarious, I wanna tell ya. Eight years after bitching and moaning about having the President chosen by the Electoral College, Democrats have set themselves up to have a hand full of Super Delegates choose their party's candidate. Logical?

Anyway, I haven't post any music in a while, so here's some stuff I've been blasting in the car lately.

Picture me in your mind, cigar in hand (or in mouth), sun roof cracked, speeding (just a bit, of course), on the lookout for the man, breaking just about every noise ordinance in town, jammin' to these great tunes.



And this one really gets me in the gut. No video here, but the audio is great. Crank this baby. Turn up the volume and you can thank me later.



And here's a different sound. I HATED this country stuff as a kid but the sounds have worked on me since. Mom and dad taught me, I guess by osmosis, to love Ray Price and that Honky Tonk sound. I guess I grew up a little and my mind opened to it, because I purely love it now. From time to time you can find me singin' these tunes at the top of my lings while I'm zippin' down the road.

I used to bust out my country CD on the way to the Chinese food place on Friday nights and dad and I would both jam. He loved it, so here's a great classic for daddy.



Pfew, that felt good. I hope you found something there you like.

Tomorrow is Friday, so you know what's on my mind. I think a plan's coming together for the weekend, and it might just be fun. I'll tell ya about that later. I'm off to work now, so if you smell cigar smoke and hear these tunes zippin' by fast, you'll know it was me. I'll see ya out there. Cheers.

7 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Teflon Don is my hero, I love the poll results, and your daddy had great taste in music.

Sarge Charlie said...

just so you know, I did a sing along with Ray Price, oh well, I am old

PRH said...

Not overly fond of the old country music, but I get a kick out of those outfits the wore back in the pre-Hee Haw days!

Anonymous said...

Loves me some Santana. I clipped about 10 seconds or so from Black Magic Woman to use as a ring tone when Mrs Myron calls my cell phone.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hairy! To those who like Ray Price, check out "Hooked On Ray" CD by Ted Scanlon and the Desperados from Las Cruces, NM (AWESOME!!). I bought this at the "Legends of Western Swing" in Wichita Falls, TX, a 3 day noon-midnight western swing event. Ray Price was there and will be again this year (in June). The Desperados have CD's available on line and make this event great too. I also bought a CD of young Ray Price and young Hank Williams Sr. (great buds for life). Belton Belle

NotClauswitz said...

I love that picture of the tops of the pyramids sticking up through the trees. I have actually taken that pic, it's from the top of another outlying pyramid. Tikal is visually insane. The color GREEN has another bunch of words attached, like unspeakable tropical iridescent penetrating green. It's worth a trip.

phlegmfatale said...

I love Western Swing. If you ever heard that stuff on country radio, I'd be listening to it daily.