Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pooootytats!

First off, mom called at about 1am last night sayin' she'd called 911 and that dad was goin' to the hospital complainin' of chest pains. He's been sick for about a week, layin' around in bed and not eating, so we've been worried somethin' was up. I drove over there in the rain thinkin' maybe it was THE night, but it wasn't.

My sister and Mom stayed with him most of the night, but I needed to get Denise back to the house so she could get some sleep before she had to go to work. She insisted on goin' over there with me last night, sayin' she wouldn't be able to sleep for worryin', so I let her come along. Truth be told, I was glad to have her next to me. It was great to have her at my side at that moment. She helped my sister find the place while mom and I stayed in the emergency room with dad. We got back here by about 3:30 and slept till about 11am today and then she went to work late while I headed back over to the hospital.

Dad's up in a fifth floor room now sound asleep, but the nurse said he's askin' for me over and over again when he's awake. Now I'm headed back over there. I'll post somethin' about it all later. Bottom line, after a scare, everything seems to be OK.

Now, enjoy some funny pooties.












5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sorry to read this and know EXACTLY how this goes... wishing the best for everyone...

smiles, bee

Sarge Charlie said...

Hope all goes well my friend, best wishes.

JDP said...

Will be praying for your dad and you and your family FHB.

JDP

Jerry in Texas said...

Emergency rooms are not fun. Praying for your Dad, man!

FHB said...

Thanks folks. It really helps a lot, knowing you are all out there.