Tuesday, March 02, 2010

It was my turn to cook last night.

I decided on pasta. It'd been a while since I cooked any.



Nope, not gonna divulge any secrets. Little bit of this, little bit of that. Ground turkey and Italian sausage, etc., etc., etc....



A fresh loaf of bread from the grocery store, cut, buttered and seasoned with garlic and paprika...



A sweet desert wine, Sister Creek Vinyards, Muscat Canelli, chilled in the fridge...



And all the while, one log after another loaded into the fireplace. It was drizzling rain and getting colder during the day. I knew Denise would be cold when she got home, and since I was there all day, why not enjoy a fire?

Denise called around 5:45, as she was leaving work. That was my signal to heat up the pasta and put the bread in the oven.



We both love these Rotini noodles. I put 'em in everything: soup, pasta, salad, etc.



Dust the plate with powdered Parmesan cheese and PRESTO... better than store bought, and easy as pie. The bread was good too, and the couch time.

Today, it was Denise's turn. She stayed home from work, puny,and cooked a wonderful stew in the crock pot. We'll have left-overs of both dinners for a while. I think I'll take some over to mom tomorrow. She'll love it.

Cheers!

10 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Mmmm...comfort!

Sarge Charlie said...

how long will the heartburn last?

FHB said...

Mushy - Yes sir. And there's enough to go around. The leftovers will last for days.

Sarge - No heartburn, but a nasty case of the farts that was shocking in it's intensity. I was almost moved to tears, but for the laughing.

BRUNO said...

What's your best "hang-time" on those killer-farts?

I "blew"-one for 17-seconds not too long ago. I used ".44-sized" Great Northerns, in a ham-hock base with a 12-oz. can of Diet Coke for MY "propellant"...

FHB said...

Bruno - For me, it was more like automatic fire, with a few Bouncing Betty's tossed in for jollies. Rrrrip, ip, ip ip... At times, like the sound of and MG-42, here you can't really differentiate between rips? It all sounds like one big rip? Ya know.

The real thing was the smell. Gawd! It was like friggin' Verdun, 1916, and Denise had forgotten to pack her M2 back in the trench.

*Goddess* said...

Damn. Do you hire out for special occasions? That bread looks good.

*Goddess* said...

BTW, I had to check the date of that post twice. It's not Valentine's Day, wth?! You're gonna give other guys a bad name:)

BRUNO said...

It's all in how flexible the asshole is, I ASSume?

I keep a few bottles of "Fart-Extinguisher" at various places throughout the house, just in case one of 'im "gets outta control" on me...!

FHB said...

Goddess - Yea, for all the good it did me. She stayed home from work, puny, yesterday. Got pissed with me that I was spending too much time on this thing and not sitting there on the couch like a poodle, next to her. There was a brief, mutual yelling spree, so now we're barely speaking...

But hey, the leftovers were awesome last night, and will be again.

Bruno - And yea, I was tootie after the leftovers too. Must be the load of Italian sausage I put in there. Had to have the spray by the bed the other day, but last night wasn't so bad. Still, I'm tellin' yas...

*Goddess* said...

Oh no, undoubtedly she brought home something that happened at work and took it out on you. We're famous for that sort of shit. Sadly.