Sunday, April 01, 2007

Oh, FUCK! Not another one of these. Wonderful;)

Ok, I've been tagged. This hasn't happened to me in a while, so I'm a bit rusty, and frankly amazed and flattered. Something called the Thinking Blogger Award is going around, originating here.

I got tagged as a thinking blogger, which seems somehow VERY wrong. I'm always feeling how lame my posts are compared to a lot of other folks out there. I think I should take more time and spill my guts more and let you slip around on them, but others do that so well, and YouTube is just chock full of interesting shit I can lean on. I should call this thing Fat Lazy Bastard, but hey, how many fuckin' classes do you people have to teach every day? Anyway, my longest and most passionate stuff always seems to end up in someone else's comments page. But who am I to argue with this dude?



Mushy here is the guy that tagged me with the award, which sucks, because in pickin' my five, he'd be the easiest choice out there. He always makes me think, not so much about world events or politics, but about life itself. His posts are often snap shots from his own past, and like all good writers, when he's burnin' on all cylinders, he illuminates something basic about the human condition. He gets you to think about yourself and your own life by telling you stories about growing up in, among other places, a trailer park in East Tennessee. Read a few posts about that place and you'll swear that you were there, and that you must have accessed the place by stepping through the back of an old wardrobe. Well worth a visit if you haven't already.

As I understand it, I'm supposed to tag five bloggers that I think are thoughtful, and/or introspective, and/or interesting to read. Means I've got to pick five other folks without pissing off everyone else that I didn't pick? Nice! Who to pick? Well, there's lots of folks out there that I love to read, and I've linked to them on my own blog, and I comment over at their places now and then. I love 'em to death (you know who you are), but I can only pick five? Sheeeeit!

Ok, so, the way I look at it, the best writers can get you thinking by getting you to giggle first. Kind of a Mark Twain, P.J. O'Rourke, Hunter Thompson, sort of thing. Other folks just hit you with the realness, strait out, no pissing about. To each his own, but they get me thinkin'. So, here's my short list;

1. Marquisdejolie On Video.
2. Lightning Bug's Butt.
3. American Citizen Soldier.
4. The Hammer.
5. Pat Dollard.

Of course, there's fuckin' rules involved in this (I LOVE rules). They go somethin' like this. If you got tagged and want to play along, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of this drama. An optional but useful detail; display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ in a link to the post that you wrote.

So, I hope you click on these folks and enjoy them as much as I do.

10 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

You son of a gun! If I get picked up by a retard squad, you'll have to come bail my ass out! Damn, what shock to get on Sunday morning!

Them was mighty kind words though.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I also want to add that you did it up right...wrote a little why you like folks...I should have done more on my picks, but was rushed at the time I wrote the post.

Thanks for doing things right, instead of half-assed like me.

Even with your "fat and gross" posts, you somehow make me think, but your hook is your understanding of history. I always look forward to you expanding on the subject. Thanks.

NotClauswitz said...

Thanks for the restraint! Also now I have a bunch more blogs to read - oh great!

none said...

Thanks man, that is a huge compliment. I read a couple of those too and will definately check out the rest.

I like your blog because as you write your personality and traits shine through by means of the story itself.

FHB said...

back at ya Hammer. And Dirtcrasher, I hope ya feel the love. I hate these friggin' things. It's like a question a woman asks you, just to see it you can avoid getting into the shit.

Dick said...

That's different. I've never actually been told I'm slow before, even by a teacher.

FHB said...

Dude, yer in there - "you know who you are". See, this is the sort of shit that happends. Thanks Mushy. Damn.

NotClauswitz said...

I've been neglecting my blog bros' with the garage project - you're right about the scab picking endorpohins.

Becky said...

Damn, I didn't make either list:( I mean, I at least got you to think about my boobs.

J/K.

phlegmfatale said...

Hey - thanks for putting me in the mix - my blog has sucked rocks the first few months this year, but I'm on the upswing - see my April five post on hot manky animal sex - but I forgive myself.

I LOVE your blog, of course, and I love the shit out of Hammer & Mushy & Myron & Tam & Dick - all heavy-hitters, in my book.