Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Another cool shot from the astronomy site, and yet another misical interlude.


purdy eh? click it for a larger view. Click here for more.

Y'all ever hear these guys? Here's a great little tune by a band that was huge in Britain in the late 80s and early 90s. The Stone Roses, doing Love Spreads. Also, check out the the weird assed, Chinese Cultural Revolution, Peoples Theatre propaganda video someone put up here, and crank yer speakers. The guitar here is relentless. Enjoy.



Most of you've probably heard this next one before. Tune is called Fools Gold. Killer beat. If you don't start tappin' yer foot and boogiein' unconsciously to this one, yer fuckin' dead. Enjoy.



What was up with the singer, prancing about and waiving the mic around like that? No lead singer panache AT ALL, like he's the anti Roger Daltry, or maybe the anti Morrisey, considering the time these came out.

Finally, here's one called I Wanna Be Adored. More of that spaced out waving the mic, and a great beat. See what I mean by him being the anti lead singer? Hilarious. "I don't have to sell my soul. He's already in me." Great lines, and a great beat. Really shows the influence of groups like The Smiths on British rock/pop in the late 80s and early 90s. Sort of a bridge between the Smiths and the Verve, and later Coldplay. Enjoy.

6 comments:

none said...

lol The lead singer is a fruity ass but the guitar and beat are cool as hell.

BTW my word verification is uarecox

Kevin said...

I F*****G LOVE the Stone Roses! They came in right as I left the UK! Fools Gold is a funky tune. I love it. There's some great guitar solos on that album. I love that Manchester Sound. Have you heard The Charlatans? Not quite as good as the Stone Roses, but good nonetheless...

Kevin said...

Hope you don't mind, but I just had to link to this post...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

"Ain't no caveman, she's my queen..." Hmmmm.

I guess the first one is my pick.

Never heard of them...so thanks for hooking me up.

FHB said...

"Ain't no king man, she's my queen."

phlegmfatale said...

love love love the Stone Roses, oozing cool.