Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another little musical interlude.

Got out of class last night at about 8:30PM and got in the car to drive home. Started rollin' out of the parking lot and the CD player kicked in with Dogs, from Animals, and I was hit by a shot of realization of what I was missing over in Hotlanta. "That son of a bitch", I grumbled to myself, and repeated it a few more times as I drove home and thought about it a bit more.

So I went home to draft a final exam, and ended up surfin' through about %90 of the latest Roger Waters concert on YouTube. It's 3am now, the exam is mostly done and I need to clear my head, so here's some Jethro Tull for ya. Here's hopin' ol' Mushy had a great time, and that his drunk ass didn't get rolled on the way through the parking lot after the gig. I'm betting good money he got "thick as a brick" before the night was over.



And while were here, why the hell not pull out the big guns?



Shit, I thought they were forced to take all the Zep off YouTube? Cool! Oh well, Fuck it, and fuck Roger Waters for not comin' to Texas, or at least closer that Atlanta or fuckin' Mexico City with this latest show. Oh well, there'll be another day. Maybe next time he tours he won't be so pissed at the president and decide to take it out on us like this, the prick.

10 comments:

none said...

Animals, I still listen to the 33rpm my favorite by them.

Christo Gonzales said...

what and where do you teach?

FHB said...

Hammer - I have the 8-track here somewhere, and the Cd ripped to my hard drive. Love it to death.

Doggy - I teach History and Government here in Killeen for Central Texas College and the local branch of Tarleton State University. Lower level stuff for CTC and junior, senior level government for TSU.

phlegmfatale said...

I can't believe a musician would stay away from Texas b/c of GWB - I mean, hell- didn't the Dixie Chicks make it up to the rest of the world for Texas? We just can't win, can we? Time we fucking secede. For the millionth time.

phlegmfatale said...

Oh, and Ian Anderson is a maniac. And Scottish? My god. What a maniac. Love the shit out of that man.

FHB said...

Yea, he's got a new song that goes after W (no big shock there), and there's a line in it that says "That Texas education must have fucked you up as a kid", or somethin' like that. Probably doesn't want to have to deal with a Dallas crowd on that one. Typical liberal, displaying the courage of his convictions. He's a prick anyway, suin' the other guys to try to stop them from using the name and all. A genius, no doubt, and I would have loved to have gone, but it wasn't in the cards.

FHB said...

And Tull is wild. Loved them forever, ever since I heard "livin' in the past" and "Aqualung" for the first time.

Christo Gonzales said...

aqua lung my freh hend...I saw Jethro Tull in San Antonio in 1980

FHB said...

... don't ya start away uneasy. Ya poor old sod, ya see it's only me. Mmmmmmm, that's good shit.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

So, when I'm away...you bad mouth me! We'll, I'm back...almost most sober, but I still have the trots from all that micro-brew! Sure was good going down though!

Oh well, just another brick in my liver wall!

Thanks for the music...all good stuff.

You did miss a great show and at 63, Roger may not make it another round!