Monday, May 28, 2007

I finally figured out how to get the pictures off my phone and on to my hard drive,

so I can show you more pictures of mom's chicken and ice cream. I know, here we go again. Hey, it's an institution OK. Ya can't argue with an institution. Actually, I went over there tonight to have Memorial Day dinner with the folks, and forgot my camera, so I had to take these shots with the razor. I touched them up a bit, but I can't believe this phone can actually take nice shots. So, if you're not familiar with the ritual, Mom cooks the chicken...



And makes sure the ice cream mix is ready when I get there. My job is to arrive on time with a big bag of ice, set the ice cream container with the mix inside into bucket, fill it with Ice and get the thing going.



You pour the ice into the thing on each side and add salt periodically. All very complicated and technical. Here's a shot of mom adding a bit of salt after I got the thing going.



You've got to watch the thing to make sure it stays full of ice, and see to it that the water doesn't overflow into the ice cream mix. Eventually the ice cream thickens and the motor winds down till it automatically shuts off. Then, take the motor off the top, pull the ice cream container out of the ice, and pop the tip.



The end result is well worth the effort. I know, you've seen it all before. That's OK, You don't need to eat any of this. VERY fattening. Really bad for ya. That's OK, I'll take your share.



Ha! You know, as much as I go on and on about this stuff, you'd think we have it all the time, but we really don't. Only about five or six times a year. There's always a lot left over. Too bad you guys couldn't be there. OK, I'll stop.

As far as the other shots off the phone are concerned...



Here's a great shot of dad and their new little yippy dog. Total lap schnauzer. The pooch ran away from the neighbors across the street and my folks took her in. The neighbors are cool with it. Not a Pug, but she's a sweetie.



Here's a shot of dad at the Chinese food place we go to every Friday. Now that I know how to use this thing, I'll be able to post all sorts of things off the cuff. Should be fun. You'll get to see actually how boring and predictable my life has become.

New classes begin tomorrow, and I'll be busy again, but no early mornings for a while. Can't wait. Love the job. A whole new batch of young minds to corrupt. It's a living. Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Cheers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I had an aunt, her son and one of my sons who were/are teachers, I just don't understand you good folks. I don't have the patience to repeat myself more than a time or 2. But thank God there are folks like you.

And the chicken and ice cream look great.

And how do you get the photos from the RAZR to the computer? My new Noikia connects via USB.

FHB said...

You know, there was a time, back a few years ago, when I used to get burned out about midway through the year. I was just teaching US History then, but then I started teaching Government, and then upper level Government classes where I had to read the text book before class so I'd sound like I knew what I was talking about. So now my chedule varies much more and I find it comforting that I've got a few of the same old classes out there each time, making my life a bit easier.

And I'd bet my Razor works with a USB device, but I haven't got one that works with it. I send the picture to my email address directly from the phone. Shows up as a multimedia message with an attachment.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Your life is not boring and one of these days you'll be so happy you took the time to be with them both. You'll also know you did your very best to let them know you cared.

God bless the son that loves his mom and dad!

Dick said...

Your mom's fried chicken and ice cream beat the hell out of any gun post, ever.

Kevin said...

Yeah, that ice cream looks frikken luscious. My wife just saw it too and wants to make her own now... kewl!

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I always leave this site hungry...