Thursday, May 24, 2007

I went ahead and got an upgrade at FlickR, and I'm uploading more pictures and sets there...

So, If you enjoy them, go over and check them out. I'll be uploading a lot more shots from the days when I was floating around with the navy, as I cull and scan them. Hope you dig them. Here's a taste.



This was taken a few days after the Gulf War ended, 1991, just before we boarded a C-2 transport to fly to Fijaira, and then on to Diego Garcia, the Philippines, Hawaii, and back to the states. Getting launched off the carrier was a huge blast, as you might imagine, but that plane was gut wrenching. Was VERY glad to get off it.



Here's a nice bach shot, Rotnest Island, Western Australia. You'd think I was payin' that woman to pose there. Beutiful, cool, clear water. If you EVER get the chance, take it.

6 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Wow - fantastic shot - the beaches in Australia always look so inviting. No wonder 90% of Australian population live within 15 minutes of a beach...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Love all the shots over there FHB! Wish I could have been along for the canyon stuff...the war, well, did my own!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! That beach does look incredible. Would love to go there.

NotClauswitz said...

Look at all the nice boats, that's a swell cat-ketch at anchor.

Becky said...

I love the shot of Australia -- I want to go there some time. It seems like it's one of the world's best kept secrets.

Kevin said...

Beautiful. One of my dad's buddies found himself a wealthy widow and retired to Byron Bay in Australia, doomed to end his days playing golf and enjoying a beautiful beach. Bastard.