Friday, February 15, 2008

Well, it's Friday, so you know what's up.

But first, I got a wild hair yesterday and decided to shave off about 10 or 15 years.



Still fat, but a little less hairy. And still a bastard. Ask my students. They took their first exams this last week, one class at 7:30 PM on Valentines Day! Hell, I gave a test on Christmas once.

Shocked the shit out of Denise. She stared at me and giggled for a good while. The kids in Florence this morning thought it was hilarious. They've known me for two years and never seen my face. I've yet to go out to the base, but I'm sure they'll make a big deal out of it. Shit, it grows back. No biggie.

One person that'll get a HUGE kick out of the new me will be dad. He's always hated facial hair. He'll thank me for shaving the beard and then want to know when the rest is going. Not sure why folks in his generation were such friggin' Nazis when it came to facial hair, and long hair in general, but there's no changin' the old dude now. Mom'll love it too.

We didn't get to go out to eat at our regular place last Friday because I was comin' down with what later turned out to be Bronchitis. Well, I'm mostly over it now, so the plan is to head over there this afternoon and do it up right.

Y'all be sure and keep Mushy's bro Ron in your thoughts. He goes under the knife as we speak. Good luck to he and Neena. I know everything is gonna turn out right.

There's a three day weekend ahead, and a Mardi Gras party Saturday night to go to. Should be fun. Well, I'm off to class. You guys have a great weekend and we'll talk later. Cheers.

17 comments:

none said...

lookin good!

I haven't shaved mine off in years cause I look like a kid without it.

JDP said...

You gonna change your blog name to Fat Less Hairy Bastard?

JDP

Buck said...

Well. A whole new you! Lookin' good!

FWIW, My Ol' Man (also a retired USAF colonel-type) was exactly the same way about beards, 'staches, and the like. I don't think he ever saw me with a beard, tho. USAF and my post-AF employer both banned beards and such until after he died. It's probably a Good Thing he never saw it, come to think on it...

NotClauswitz said...

15-years, you'll like better it in the Summer? I've never been able to connect the sideburns.

Jerry in Texas said...

No beard? Man! Where you gonna store all that food that you dribble during meals? No more afternoon snacking on the food stuck in your "flavor saver".

Hee hee! Looks good, Man!

FHB said...

Hammer - Yea, I've had people ask me why i didn't shave and take all those years off. Hell, I'm only 47, I don't want to look 27 and have all those students think I don't know what I'm talkin' about.

JDP - Naaa, hell, I'll probably get tired of shavin' sand grow it back pretty quick.

Buck - Somethin;' about those old dudes and the idea of looking different. They couldn't handle it.

Dirtcrshr - Yea, it took me a long time to get used to the beard nature gave me. I always wanted a fuller, lass curly one.

Jerry - Oh hell, I forgot about that. No more combing it in class ands making jokes about combing out the food particles.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well i like the new look. really...

smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

I refuse to do a comb-over so I recently took my scalp hair down to about 1/4 inch although I kept my facial hair. The shampoo bottle lasts forever, I can towel my hair dry and I don't need combs or brushes. A set of hair clippers cost less than a single visit to a barber and I can do it myself. Of course my wife gets pissed when I tell her I don't have a clue where a brush is since I don't need it.

PRH said...

Shaved off the goatee about a month ago, but kept the 'stash'...only been without one of the other for a couple of months the past 35+ years....change is good, plus like you say, you can always grow it back.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Well, at first...then I liked it!

Thanks for plugging Ron dude!

Glad you and your dad are back on the trail!

Lin said...

Wow, you like great like that - who woulda thunk? But I can see where Denise would have freaked and giggled at first.

Anonymous said...

As I tell Mrs Myron when she starts complaining about our 48 year olds beard, his chin, his choice. I've tried over the years but the itching always drove me back to the razor. Managed to go a couple of months without shaving while on spec ops a couple of times but never left the beard.

J said...

Wha.... I don't know what to say! You don't even look like you!

Of course, I like it. Either way, you'ree still you.

:)

BRUNO said...

Damn!!! You DO look like a "kid"! Wonder if they'll let you in the gate at the base with your "fuzzy" I.D.?

H2o said...

You've got the cutest little baby face. ;)

Chuck said...

Wow, I'm strangely turned on...

LOL

Lookin' good bro!

TexasFred said...

Ya know, in my vast travels across this wonderful world we live in I once heard a wise sage say, 'A good beard hides a hell of a lotta ugly'...

With that said, I bid you au revoir... :)