Saturday, August 02, 2008

As promised, pictures of that knife.



I think it turned out pretty good. I wanted to work on the handle a bit longer. You know, you just can't spend TOO much time rubbin' on that petrified penis bone.



The blade is pretty, but it comes out of the box that way. About $150.00 at a gun show in Dallas.



Like I said, I wanted to keep sandin' and rubbin' on the handle, but I also want it to have an antique look to it. If I'd had the time I might have smoothed it out a bit more.



The pommel turned out nice, particularly matched with the silver guard. I set it up so that if you hold it right and bop some bastard on the forehead with it you'll leave an imprint of the state on his noggin.



It's supposed to be an antique Texas Bowie. Came together OK. The next one will be better. Cheers.

7 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

My mind starts to drift when you talk about rubbing the bone. I got my blog back late last night.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

The boy does good work!

TexasFred said...

Nice blade... Save it, if the gun grabbers succeed ya may NEED it...

PRH said...

Good Work.....don't forget to give me a ring this week.

none said...

I love that damascus look. Good work!

kerrcarto said...

Love that blade and I love the pommel. Good work.

Suldog said...

Ah, jeez. If that's the bone, just how big IS a walrus schlong? No, nevermind. I don't want to know.

Hey, at least I can get mine up without a bone!