Friday, March 09, 2007

So, it's a hot weekend. Yer at a pool party at a buddy's house, and someone gets a really stupid idea.

This is all about trust. Trust, and alcohol. How drunk would you need to be?



And you may have seen this before. It's been goin' around. Too damn funny not to post. Enjoy.



So, I'm heading to the little town of Sweetwater, Texas this weekend. They're having a combined chili cook-off, rattlesnake roundup, carnival, and gun show. Now folks, what the hell else do you need?

Ok, get yer minds out of the gutter. I'm sure I'll be able to round THAT up if needs must. Chili cook-off folks...



are notoriously open minded, horny as hell, and easily plied with small amounts of booze... or so I hear. And if that doesn't work, there's always the carnival folks. Shiny objects and booze? I understand that it works. Many a marriage has been based on less.

A few friends will be competing in the cook-off, and I'll be eating copious amounts of BBQ, and maybe judging the competition. Can you say ringer? Might even eat some BBQ roasted rattlesnake. It ain't bad. Weather looks like it'll be nice; 70s in the day time and 40s at night. Perfect camping weather. I might even get to buy a new toy at the gun show. If the ninjas of the nanny state have their way, I'm sure these sorts of shows will soon be a thing of the past, so why not splurge?

I'll have an early out at the high school tomorrow morning, and then I'm off from there for a week of spring break. On the way back to town to get ready to head to Sweetwater, I'll spend a while at the local veterans cemetery. An old buddy of mine, Bobby Spence, passed away this week. He was one of the attendants in the building on base that I teach out of. Known him for years. Great guy. Army vet. Korea and Nam, I think. Supposedly his wife found him, seemingly sleeping, eyes closed, hands clasped behind his head. She shook his foot to wake him and discovered how cold he was. Now, if that isn't the way to go, I don't know what is. God bless him. He'll be missed.

So, relax and have a great weekend, and I'll see ya on the other end.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, I haven't thought about Sweetwater in years. We went to college in Abilene, and tried to go to the chili cook off my soph year. Ended up getting too drunk to drive. What can I say, it was college!

Have fun, sounds like it will be.

And OMG, those guys must have been blitzed. There is no way I would let someone do that to me, even if they were stone cold sober.

none said...

Damn, One time my friend roasted a weenie while it was hanging out of a guys mouth with carb cleaner and a lighter. Good thing I knew how to use a first aid kit.

The second vid with the elephant spunk was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Just think of the gas all that chili can generate. It could make you a very popular guy!

Sorry to hear about your friend, but he sure took a good out. Talk about peaceful, what with the hands clasped behind his head.

Have fun FHB!

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Have a blast!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yeah...party for me and your buddy...not a better way to remember either of us.

Christina RN LMT said...

Have a great weekend, FHB.

BTW, where the heck do you find these videos/pictures?

Not that I want to go there, or anything! ;)

Dick said...

Well, I hope ou took pictures for those of us who didn't bother to go.

phlegmfatale said...

holy crap! I've got to get myself to a chili cookoff one of these days! That video with the golf thing was staggering.