Friday, July 20, 2007

Another Friday.

Pooped today. Was draggin' my ass and down in the dumps this mornin' after a long night of fun and early morning with no sleep. Ok, it was a good tired, well earned, and the day has been much better since then. Got wrapped around the axle early on, thinking about good friends and amazing adventures that I'll never get to have. I pissed my youth away being a fool, or a coward, and now I'm paying the price, but that's cool. Hell, I put a buck in the coke machine this afternoon and the stupid thing gave me two Dr Peppers! probably should go buy a lottery ticket.

Takin' dad to eat Chinese later, and then I'll be back here with friends, and the squeeze, and her family of wild-assed Brits, watching our friends play pool and maybe later, working a few more things out. While you're here, be sure and check out this Friday tradition. It's a great set today. Maybe post somethin' later. More pictures of the old man or somethin'. Have a great Friday, and a great weekend. Cheers.

13 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Perk up my friend...so much more ahead for you...you're just a pup to me, and I'm not finished.

Enjoy the old man while you can.

Ask him about his youth...before your mom...you may be surprised.

*Goddess* said...

Got wrapped around the axle early on, thinking about good friends and amazing adventures that I'll never get to have. I pissed my youth away being a fool, or a coward, and now I'm paying the price, but that's cool

Wow. I've been circling that same drain more than a few times myself these past few weeks.

H2o said...

enjoy dinner with dad...

BRUNO said...

It would've been better still if you had put a buck in the Coke machine, and had two Lowenbrau fall out!

But I'll settle for Dr.Pepper, too! That, and ONE damned-fine cigar! Just THINK how many people you can piss-off with one---or maybe how many would suck-up to you now, for a "freebie" of the same!

(I'm on a mission, here, now...!)

Kevin said...

Chin up, dude. Don't let those regrets take over. Acknowledge them, sure, but it sounds to me like there's a lot of positive in your life too, what with the new lassie, as well as the realtionship you have with your folks.

Kevin said...

relationship! pimf!

david mcmahon said...

G'day FHB

Two Dr Peppers is better than nothing at all!

Want to hear more about your Dad.

And did you say ``wild-assed Brits''? Man, you and I know all the same people!

Keep smiling

David

Dick said...

Enjoy the dinner and time with dad. That's what counts.

none said...

I've had similar thoughts, but we can change things around now that we are older and wiser :)

FHB said...

Thanks guys. Yep, I've got nothing serious to complain about, but lots of regrets about things I never did. I'll get over it eventually. Feels great to have friends like you guys. Thanks again.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

oiy!! Mad assed Brits?? You and David shouldn't believe everything they write about me in the court reports..

Honey, you seem to have got yourself a good enough life now, don't sweat what might have been.. I don't.

david mcmahon said...

Hi FHB,

How are you today? Full of beans again, I hope!

Cheers

David

FHB said...

Shrinkie - I'll always have regrets, particularly when I read about the fun others have had, but I'm getting over it, slowly.

David - Yep, had a great weekend with these Brits. Fun as hell, and I'm about to set off on a little adventure, so there'll be more fun soon. We'll talk.