Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A friend sent me some "Bits of Wisdom". Figured I'd pass 'em on, with commentary. Enjoy.

But first... Traffic was RIDICULOUS this morning on the base. The down side of having a shit load of soldiers come home from the desert is that traffic in town goes to shit. And they just got home alive from that mess, so they're all drivin' like friggin' maniacs! The sale of fast cars will peak, as will traffic fatalities. Good thing is that all my classes (5 in all) scheduled to begin this Monday are filled up. It's cold, 32 this mornin', and I love the hell out of it.

So, I was drivin' to work this mornin', the sun roof cracked, smokin' the nub of a CAO Brazillia that I started yesterday that I'd pulled from the ash tray when I left the house, and I get behind a big black Good Times van with a Michigan licence plate. There's a Marine Corps sticker on one back window, and another sticker on the other sayin' "fat people are harder to kidnap". I love it!

Anyway, here's the wisdom...

Love is grand!!
Divorce is a hundred grand. Not in this state buddy.
*************************
I am in shape.
Round is a shape. Ooo, too close to home.
*************************
Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician. Ooo, not nice.
*************************
Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels good. Yup, unless you don't have one.
*************************
Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand. Way exceeds... Way.
*************************
Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Pure wisdom.
*************************
I am NOT over weight. I am a nutritional overachiever. Ha! There you go.
*************************
It's frustrating when you know all the answers,
But nobody bothers to ask you the questions. Truly.
***************************
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing
at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at
the tempting moment. Sooooo true.
***************************
Brain cells come and brain cells go,
But fat cells live forever. Could you stop? Jeeze, I'm losing weight!
**************************
Age doesn't always bring wisdom.
Sometimes it comes alone. Sadly, true.
***************************
Life not only begins at forty, It also begins to show. Speak for yourself ya bastard. 50 is the new 30, they say.
**************************
I smile because I am your friend!
I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it. Live in fear.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Great points of wisdom and I like your commentary! I'll have to remember some of these. I especially like the last one.

TexasFred said...

OK, now I am totally depressed... Some of that was WAY too close to home for comfort...

david mcmahon said...

You're right, age doesn't always bring wisdom - but we live in hope!!

PLEASE tell me your mention of ``Marine corpse'' should be ``Marine Corps''!!!!!

FHB said...

God, it sucks to be illiterate.

PRH said...

I resemble way too many of those remarks...;)

*Goddess* said...

"Fat people are harder to kidnap"..LOL! Love that one.

BumbleVee said...

an even better giggle with your own comments added.