Friday, August 25, 2006

Oh, I'm in LOVE!

Well, maybe lust. Yep, it's lust. I was surfin' the Sturmgewehr
site last night and came across this baby. Mmm, boy.



It's an AR-74. A guy up in Washington State wants to sell it.
It's basically an AR-15 (M-4 carbine) with lots of after-market
stuff attached. Thing is, it shoots a Russian 5.45x39mm cartridge
(their version of our .223) from a Russian clip. The best of both
worlds. But he wants a shit load of money for it. Will power!
Will power! Don't do it! Man, I'm just a huge gasping whore
when it comes to new toys. Huge! Somebody stop me.

Update: ok, the passion has subsided, a bit. I've got two parts
sets at the gun smith now, plus another out on the work
bench, so I guess I should chill out. Sure looks purdy though.
Bet it shoots nice too. Oh well, I'll keep thinkin' about it.

2 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Unless you just can't stop yourself, by a cheap SKS and shot 5.45x39mm for less! I have some high priced pieces, but I have never had more fun with a piece of junk than I have with my SKS. I bought it for about $100 some years back, and a 1000 rounds of ammo and have never regreted it. Well, I did regret buying the cheap corrosive ammo, because I had to clean it immediately after my fun!

But, for iron sites, that old thing is a tack driver. It's like shooting your first .22 down at the creek, shooting top water minnows - all day fun for less!

It's purdy though! You might have to have it.

FHB said...

Yep, those old things are nice shooters. I have a few in the case. Thing is, I've always wanted an AR-15 or M-4, but I love the old AKs too much to spend the money on one. You can get one and a half or two AKs for the price they want for a nice AR. The fact that this thing is a hybrid just knocks me out. Love that round (it's smaller than your SKSs 7.62x39), and think those clips are the best ones ever designed. But I'm prejudiced. Totally smitten.