Friday, January 05, 2007

Pooped, relieved, but in a quandary.

First off, I know it's Fatty Friday, but I'm just not in the mood.

Just finished that mini term. Finals still need to be averaged and stuff, grades posted, but it's done. Another semester starts Monday. Seven classes beginning at the butt crack of dawn and going till around 945pm, with a few periods in there for shits and giggles. It's a living.

I found a message on the machine from mom when I got home this evening that dad is feeling puny tonight, so our regular Friday night Chinese food binge is off. Sheesh. I've gotten to where I really look forward to those outings. Trying to think of an excuse to use for going anyway. Going to a gun show in Dallas tomorrow, so we can't go then, and mom's cooking Sunday (fried chicken, I think). Needless to say, next week is out, till Saturday. The teaching schedule will have me on base till 7pm every Friday. Dads usually headed for bed by then.

So, it's a quandary.

Hey, what the fuck. Advantage of being a single man is that I can do whatever I want and don't need a good excuse, right?

So I'm off. Everyone have a great weekend and we'll chat in the later.

6 comments:

*Goddess* said...

I'm confused about something. Are you attending school as well as teaching or just teaching?

FHB said...

Just teaching. Community college, first and second year History and Government. I also teach advanced placement classes at a local high school (dual credit Hist. and Govt. to juniors and seniors).

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Take a break and catch up later.

FHB said...

No breaks dude. If I don't work I don't get paid. Took a semester off a little over a year ago to go rafting and I'm still paying the bills. Living on credit cards if a BUMMER that lasts forever.

Dick said...

Damn! Wish I would have known.
Email if ya can so we can get together.

Canoes under my shoes said...

Go eat your Chinese food. Sorry your dad is feeling ill.