Sunday, January 14, 2007

Whipped up some quick cold weather food.

Try this on for size. Can't say I really "cooked" it, but I did "prepare" it.



Two jars of Bush's Best, Homestyle with beans (HOT!), and a can of petite cut, diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos. Not for the faint of spirit, or those that are light in the shorts.



Spice to your own taste (I put some sugar free syrup for the slight sweet taste that I love), and noodles of your own choosing (these are Rotini). I think I tossed some pepper, fajita seasoning, and garlic powder in there for shits and giggles.

Presto! Two days worth of cold weather food. Well, one days worth for the FHB, two for the little people. Have some saltines with it and the beverage of your choice, and slap yerself up in front of a good flick. I've got Dances With Wolves on AMC this afternoon.

As Hollywood diatribes on the way we fucked over the Indians go, it's pretty cool. Inaccurate in a few basic ways, but still cool. I mean, if they're gonna portray the soldiers accurately, which they basically do (in a way that would upset our 21st century sentiments), they should do the same for the Lakota. There are a few scenes in the directors cut that even out the picture a bit. I think the book was supposed to be more true to history, but that's the way things usually go.

Oops, bowl number two, coming up. Enjoy.

10 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

You're suppose to put things like this on a cooking blog...FHB's Cookings!

Looks yummy, but not for caveman!

Instead I went to P. F. Chang's! Probably on my cooking show later. Not really cavemanish, but I needed a fix.

FHB said...

Hey, I'm all inclusive hereabouts. No specialization. And I do know what you mean by needin' a fix o' MSG. Hits me about 3 times a week.

none said...

lol light in the shorts! you crack me up.

Looks pretty tasty I'll have to try it.

Just Another Old Geezer said...

Looks good to me. And how true to history has Hollywood ever been?

Canoes under my shoes said...

I made some baked potato soup. Essentially, you put some fat in, add flour, milk, baked potatoes, more fat, bacon, fat and cheese.

Ummmmmmmmmm good!

FHB said...

Myron - excellent point my man. Most people get their perception of our history from movies, and most of it's crap. Keeps me in a job.

and Lauritajuanitasanchez (damn, thats a long one)- Nothin' like fat and fat with yer fat. Reminded me of that old Python skit, "I'll have spam, spam, spam, and spam with a cream sauce." Mom made a great tater soup when we were puny, back in the day. Nice.

phlegmfatale said...

hey - fhb - I posted part of my tv post (the awards show bit) before I finished, and I end that post with talking about the new season of Rome. Sorry I've been so scarce around your blog lately, but I've just not had time to make the rounds as I prefer. I hope I'll have time to catch up sometime this week. Come back over and tell me what you think of my analysis of Rome. Cheers!

Dick said...

Why don't he write?

*Goddess* said...

I've always put that sort of pasta in my chili but people say TRUE CHILI doesn't have pasta in it. Screw that. Tastes better.

FHB said...

Yea, the professionals at all the chili cook-offs I go to say it doesn't have beans ether. Fuck them. My mom was born and bread in Texas and has been feeding me chili with beans forever. The noodles are my thing. The Pilipino cooks on the navy ships used to feed me something called "chili mac", with macaroni in it. LOVE that stuff. So here's my version.