Friday, June 22, 2007

Do you already miss the Sopranos? Ooooh!



"Fuck you Santa!" Ooooh! Love the hell outta that one. Never saw a single episode till they recently started showing them on regular TV. Now I'm enjoying it, when I surf by and it's on. Probably end up buyin' the DVDs.

Goin' to Temple to take dad out again on our regular Friday feed. I'll visit with the folks for a while after, and try to tire out their pooch. Then I'll be hooking up with friends back over here for unspecified fun.

When I was putting this post together a few days ago I thought I'd be spending the weekend in the yard again, working on some landscaping and planting things, the weather permitting. But these folks have invited me to go to Dallas Saturday and Sunday, to attend a food show and see what sort of mischief we can get into on the side.

These are the same folks I go to Terlingua and Sweetwater with every year, to the chili cook-offs, and go tubing down in New Braunfels with in the summer. Lookin' to do that in a few weeks. River should be a blast, what with all this rain we've had recently.

As I've told you before, they teach cooking here on the base for CTC, so it'll be a school function... Which means we'll be having a LOT of fun, and they'll be getting ripped and earning per diem at the same time. Ya gotta know how to work it, and they do.

They'll stay up there till Tuesday, but I'll drive back Sunday, probably giving someone a ride home with me. I'll tell ya how it all went down when I get back, whatever I end up doin'. Enjoy your own weekend, whatever you end up doin'. Later.

9 comments:

*Goddess* said...

A FOOD SHOW??? They have those sorts of things in Texas? Damn. What about candy shows or dessert shows, do they have those? I might have to move...we have NONE of that fun stuff here.

FHB said...

It's like a trade show; lots of restasurants and food sellers with samples (Some new BBQ or picante sauce or whatever), and you just graze. I'd bet you have 'em too.

Never been to one before, but these folks do them every year. Make it into a field trip for their classes, so they get paid to go. Workin' it baby.

Lin said...

Hey, if you think they might be giving out samples of Blooming Onions, sign me up, too! Some things are really worth leaving the canyon for.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Oooh! Loved it - oh yeah!

Hope you get to sample some good food this weekend...oh!

BRUNO said...

But let's lay off the Chinese General, and his "chicken" for this weekend...!

Kevin said...

Sounds like good times ahead, man. We'll have to check out the after action report when you get back...

H2o said...

Have a good time. Sounds like something I would like to go to. Food...Love me some food.

Anonymous said...

I spend enough of my time at food shows. They're not as fun when you have to work at 'em.

Yeah, I'm missing the Sopranos too. We're TiVoing the old episodes on A&E every week. My wife never watched it till last season.

phlegmfatale said...

Crap - I didn't know you were going to be up here overnight - I hope y'all had a good time.

Ooooooh! Heeeey! Shades of Arthur Fonzarelli, perhaps? Love that Sopranos video - someone had a lot of time on their hands...