Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Once again, my Wednesday trip to the Great Wall Cafe.

Same food, different day. Maybe better pictures.



Here's the view from my designated table. looks empty, but the soonest I can get there for lunch is about 1:40 PM, after the rush, when the cooks are comin' out of the back and sitting down to eat. I order my usual, which they know by heart, and enjoy the quiet, and the AC, and the soft tones of some unintelligible oriental music.

Actually business is pickin' up. Several folks came in while I was eating and sat down to eat, rather than just get take-out. May be a good sign.



More of the Generals chicken. Well, the generals something or other, but it tastes like chicken.



And the rice. Damn, look at the size of those shrimp! I've got half of it in the fridge, for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Loving the stuff they cook at the Great Wall, but sometimes I think if I don't stop eating like this, they'll be able to see MY ASS from space. Later.

UPDATE: OK here's what the leftovers look like with a real camera.



Note the peppers, the actual color of the "chicken". Question is, will it survive till breakfast? Hm.

14 comments:

Lin said...

You're just trying to freak out Bruno again with the mystery tempura in black sauce, aren't ya?

Still looks great to me though. After all your food posts, I broke down and made sweet and sour chicken last night (from scratch), LOTS of it. We rolled around in painful bliss for a LONG time afterwards so thanks for the inspiration!

FHB said...

I'm not sure why the picture comes out so dark. Of course, the phone doesn't have a flash, but the chicken actually looked lighter, and redder this time. It just didn't come out in the picture. maybe I'll post a better shot of the leftovers with the digital camera.

*Goddess* said...

After two days of eating butter toast, that rice and shrimp looks DAMN good.

FHB said...

Butter toast? No garlic?

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Does your phone have a flash? Turn it one!

Thank God...thought that was some bland looking Chinese food!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Mmmmm....I'd eat it now!

FHB said...

I don't want to gain those 10 pounds back. Have a reason to try to look good now... wink, wink.

Lin said...

Yes, much better color on the leftovers. Do they have some kind of blue neon lighting in the restaurant that is throwing off the food color? Everything seems to have eerie blue/purple highlights.

Kevin said...

Looks good! Good Chinese food is a real treat. There's a place out here that makes some great Chinese food, and when I can I pop in for their garlic chicken and broccoli beef. It's the best I've had - they must cram it full of MSG or something...

Dick said...

Yep, looks like chinese.
Those people eat way too much damn rice.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

BREAKFAST?? you have the constitution of the furnace of a steam train!

FHB said...

Dick - Yea, but why are they all so skinny. Must not be havin' the fried rice.

Shrinker - I'm a large critter. Takes a lot to fuel the beast.

BRUNO said...

OK, after you let it DRY-OUT a bit in the sunlight, it DOES start to resemble chicken!

Geez, man! Why don't ya' order-up a Chinese hot-dog, or somethin'?

(If there WAS such a thing, I'd be too damned afraid IT might "bite-back"!)

J said...

Damn I sat at that same table at Great Wall not even 3 hours ago. We should do lunch sometime....