Friday, October 19, 2007

It's been a busy week, and it's gonna be another full weekend.

I started 6 new classes on base this week. I start out in the morning, the butt crack of dawn, with 2 classes back to back at the high school (8 to 10am). Those are 16 week classes and they're about half over. This week I started 3 separate hour long daily classes from 11:30 to 2:30 every day, and 3 evening classes - M/W night from 4:45 to 7pm and T/Th night from 4:45 to 7 and then 7:30 to 10pm. In all, about 220 students taking US History and Government. One word... POOPED. One more online class starts Monday, but that's easy money.

This evening I'll be doing the usual, Friday night Chinese food and high school football with Dad. Here's a video to put us in the right mood to chow down on the buffet line at Dynasty.



Mmmmeow, I can just taste the generals chicken now.

Denise and I are taking a trip to Ft. Worth Saturday afternoon. We'll try to get there in time to have dinner, get stuffed on brochette shrimp and spicy queso dip and start to get liqueured up at Pappasito's (yep, they have one in Ft. Worth too). Then we'll head over to Billy Bob's on the North side of town and sit through a concert by the venerable Peter Frampton. We've got center seats, six rows back. Should be cool. After that we'll be gettin' a hotel room and spendin' the night in town.

Sunday morning we'll rise early and meet up with my buddy Jim, wolf down some breakfast burritos, pack a cooler and go sit in the sun and watch an Air Show all afternoon at Alliance Airport, North of Ft. Worth. We'll see the Blue Angels and all the works. Should be cool.

I'll try to get home at a decent hour Sunday so I can rest up for another week. You guys have a great weekend. I'll try to get some cool pictures and maybe post them Sunday night. Cheers.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun this weekend, it sure sounds like you will.
I bet all those classes are tiring, but you're a great teacher...so it should be worth it!

*Goddess* said...

Peter Frampton? Wow! I didn't know he still did shows.
"I want you ...show me the way
I want you day after day "

Anonymous said...

Have fun. And don't overdo it at the buffet or Pappasito's.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Once lost a dog we called Tia Pan (the boss), Judy asked if I had any idea what ever happened to him and I said, well, don't ever order the Moo Goo Tia Pan down at the Chinese place. That's when she smacked me!

Anonymous said...

Damn Son, you do cram it all in on a weekend, don't you? You may want to check out Joe T. Garcia's mexican restaurant if you're in that part of Ft. Worth. It was good years ago.

Have a ball!

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I saw Peter Frampton last year, you sure are in for a treat, my friend!

FHB said...

J - Thanks. Yep, pooped.

Goddess - Yep, He's still playin'.

Myron - Oh, I probably will.

Mushy - Yea, but it wasn't the first time, or probably the last time. You said it wasn't fatal.

Jerry - OOOoh, yea, I loved that place when we used to live up there.

Shrinkie - Yep, it should be really good. Thanks.

PRH said...

The "gittin" up early will keep you young, as will the keeping busy.....just don't throw out your back....lol!

Christo Gonzales said...

doooo youuuuuuu...do you feel like I do....peter frampton..wow I saw him once like in 1979 or something...you rock...

Unknown said...

Ahhh, Fort Worth. I have to come down there for a wedding in Feb. and I can't wait to show Ted around Fort Worth (he's only been to Dallas and wasn't as impressed). WHenever my parents came to visit me, they always had to go to Billy Bob's -- I don't think I appreciated it as much as I should have when I lived up down there.

BRUNO said...

You need to lay-off the chicken! Try a nice, slo-roasted side of beef, once in a while!

Kevin said...

Wow! Fully booked man! Sounds like you're up for a great weekend!

phlegmfatale said...

I think Peter Frampton is even better now than 30 years ago. Good stuff - I hope you had a good time!