Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday weekend wrap-up.

I'll tell ya about the weekend, but first, here's a hilarious little video for all you fantasy football players out there. Enjoy.



Recognize the homage to the movie "Weird Science". Kelly was so hot in that movie. Love it.

I had a great time at the game with dad on Friday. It was a hoot to be in Florence and see folks from the school, and have my kids names called out as they made plays on the field. It really brought the fun of it all home to me much more than usual. The kids even gave me hell for sittin' in the visiting stands. It was a lot of fun.


It was funny to see that the visitors stands were about as full as the home team stands.


The Florence Buffaloes are in purple here, and by this time, you probably recognise the Academy bees in green.


The weather has gotten chilly in the evening recently, so Dad was getting a bit cold by half time. Well, it was partly the weather and partly the illicit Diet Dr Pepper that I treated him to. He's not really supposed to have those, but he loves them. I hope there's someone there to slip me the generals chicken when I'm a geezer. Dudes have got to take care of one another. He's also floating the idea that I should let him drive the new Buick. He says things like "I'm not checked out in this one yet." I think I'll get him behind the wheel some night. The first time he let me drive we ended up going out on the highway. Was cool as hell. We'll see. If we wreck Moms new car, we'll both be in deep shit. In any case, I'll need to remember to bring a jacket for him next time we go out.

By the time we left, Academy had gone up by a few points. In the end, they took Florence 22 to 12. I'm sure they'll have something to say about it when I go back to class there on Tuesday.

Saturday evening I decided to go up to Ft. Worth early. I'd been planning to head up there Sunday morning, but I decided Saturday that I'd spend the evening with close friends, maybe talk a few things out, and avoid having to drive up at the crack of dawn Sunday morning. We had a great time. We watched TV, ate leftovers, and then I slept on their couch. The gun show Sunday was ok, but not really anything special. I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. The best thing about the weekend was the company I got to keep. These folks are some of my best friends, and I love them to death.

I headed back to Temple around 2PM, and got to Moms in time for dinner and the joy of watchin' the Cowboy game with the folks. I learned most of my best cuss woirds, and phrases, from sitting with mom whaile we watched the Cowboys play ball in the 70s and 80s. It's hilarious to hear her roll out a string of expletives when they do something stupid. If you watched the game Sunday, you know the language was prime. So was the food.



She cooked Pork ribs, scalloped potatoes, peas, and salad.


Mom makes a special sauce from Heinz 57th sauce and honey. Give it a try. It's great on ribs. The taters and peas were great too.



It was all finished off with peach cobbler and ice cream. Wait a sec... Yep, still holding the line at 291.

Spent a few hours at my sisters place after dinner, pickin' her brain about a few things, and then I headed home. Had to stop at HEB to get cat food, and it rained like crazy on me as I walked back to the car. Got home and went through a few blogs, but now it's time to hit the sack. You guys take care. Hope you had a great weekend. Cheers.

12 comments:

JDP said...

Looks like you had another great weekend. If only the Cowboys had won.

JDP

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I love the tender relationship you have with your dad, it melts my heart. Glad you had a great weekend (what's happened to this special lady of yours, I haven't heard much about her as of late - I hope all is well?).

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Man you have got that football photography down now! Great shots.

Those ribs look great and yes I use that special sauce on my steaks...done it for years.

BTW...glad you didn't mention that other here...not best.

See ya dude!

*Goddess* said...

LOL! Great vid. And damn, that food looks yummy.

PRH said...

Nothing like Friday Night football with friends....I'll be doing a Freshman game tonight...usually I hate to see the season wind down...but with the back outta wack, it's time to shut it down and heal.

phlegmfatale said...

As usual, your mom's cooking looks toe-curling. Yum. I'll try that sauce - sounds good!

Unknown said...

I'm not showing that video to Ted or else he might expect me to start painting up! :) I'm always hungry after visiting your blog.

BRUNO said...

Has your Mom ever considered opening-up her own sports bar?

Seriously!!! It's a really big thing around these parts.....

Anonymous said...

Man. That video was hilarious. I didn't see that one coming at all.

Lin said...

With home cooking like that, no wonder you're big and hairy, I'd be, too. Yum!!!! And good for you on slipping Dad his favorite soda.

Christo Gonzales said...

another good weekend and some damn good lookin' ribs...I could eat one of those racks alone..

none said...

It's cool that you and your dad can hang out like that. I hope someone is there to slip me contraband when I get old too!