Monday, October 08, 2007

Pooped, and the week is just startin'.

Went to the football game with Dad Friday night, and got a few nice shots.



It was homecoming, so all the little wigglers were out, and the mums and streamers and whatnot were in full force. They had a crowd of little girls doing all the cheers along side the cheerleaders, socializing them to want to grow up to be cheerleaders one day too. Ya know, ya gotta love tradition.



The local folks came out in huge numbers, overloading the stands and making it hard for me to get dad a decent seat. I eventually found one, and we sat down to enjoy the action.



It was a close one, with the opposing team scoring and going ahead of Academy at halftime.



It was about then that we got a phone call from the girls. Denise and Mom were out having a girls night out, and they'd locked themselves out of the house. Dad and I usually only make it through halftime anyway, so it wasn't like we were having to miss something, but I played it up anyway. I mean, the game was just getting good.

Saturday was a lazy one, with us sleeping in till the afternoon. I had one chore to do. I busted out the Yellow pages and called Killeen Overhead Door. The weekend dude came out in no time, and started workin' on the garage door. The repair dude laid out the dangers of fixing these spring things yourself. He showed me the scar on his hand that he got when the spring got away from him once, and the missing tip of his thumb from the wires getting away from him once. I guess the $150 it cost me was money well spent. He had it up and working in no time, and the Bat Cave is back in order.

After that we headed to the Olive Garden for dinner, and then went to the multiplex and saw "The Brave One", with Jody Foster. Excellent movie, and one that everyone out there should go out and see. I was expecting the typical Hollywood take on the vigilante phenomenon, but it was really well done. The end will amaze you. Go see it. I recommend it totally.

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday, for the most part. I got my new online class updated, and eventually went out for burgers, and to fill up her car. We watched the Green Bay/Chicago game, and Denise was really bummed to see Green Bay lose. She's a fan. Her ex in-laws up in Wisconsin have corrupted her. Actually, I think she's just got the hots for Brett Favre. Something about tall bewhiskered athletic types.

Well, it's late, and I've got to get up and give the Juniors in Florence their first exam. The culling process begins. Pray for them. Cheers.

8 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

That's a lovely shot of your dad and you watching the game together - one deserving of a frame, methinks.

I'm tired just keeping up with you - when do you ever sleep?

*Goddess* said...

Homecoming already?

Damn. Denise is a cheesehead? Does she have one of those gawd awful cheesehead hats:)

Christina RN LMT said...

It was my daughter's homecoming, too. I just haven't posted about it yet.

Our team lost 54-6.

I must process it before I can post anything.

Sarge Charlie said...

having fun, too pooped to work, retire

Buck said...

Nothing's bigger than Friday night football in Texas...anywhere in Texas! Unless it's a certain shoot-out, Red River-type. ;-)

Nice pics, FHB!

NotClauswitz said...

More close-ups of the teenage cheerleaders, please! ;-)
Kewl Ganesha shirt?

PRH said...

Wife being from Wisconsin, her dad corrupted the oldest son, and turned him into a freaking Packers fan...when I went to bed, the Pack was heading for 5-0, woke up and they were 4 and 1.....

Hey but the Bengals didn't lose....well, they didn't play eiter, but they did not lose.

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, football season in Texas is definitely an atmosphere thing, isn't it? Those mile-long cob-webby things streaming off the stadium lights, the crickets, the spark of energy in the air. Love these pictures.