Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sprechen zie Deutsch?

No, I don't ether. So it's good that these dudes sang in English.



Damn, I think that cut off just as the guitar was really gettin' good. I hate it when these old videos do that, but what can you do. It's the best one they had on YouTube. Don't ya love the part where the blond is lookin' strait into the guitar players crotch and lickin' her lips. Perfect example of why so many young men take the instrument up, and why so many others wish they had.



And here's some killer guitar and hilarious video from the same band in 1972. Same singer and all, only you can barely tell it. The guitar player on the left, Michael Schenker, is only 16 years old. You can just hear the director, desperate to film something other than these dudes standing there like statues, telling them "Yea, run across that cliff. It'll be spooky and artistic."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I didn't know the Scorpions were that old!

Cool post and video.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Nope...don't quite fit on my turntable.

Buck said...

Man, but we looked pretty danged stupid back then. In retrospect, of course. ;-)

none said...

I've got that old album. It's very weird but fits in with the times.

reminds me of Iron Butterfly.

Christina RN LMT said...

Scorps!

I love Klaus Meine's incapability of pronouncing "you" correctly!

He calls everyone "Jew".

Und ich kann sehr gut Deutsch sprechen!

FHB said...

LBB - Yea, nether did I. Hilarious vid.

Mushy - That's cool. It ain't for everybody. But damn dude, yer an enigma. I never can guess what the hell yer gonna like or pass on. Hilarious and bizarre.

Buck - Yep, it's always funny to see what people were warin' back then, unless, like us, you remember wearin' that stuff.

Hammer - Impressed. I had no idea.

Christina - Ya ne gavaryu pa nemetski... that's "I don't speak German", in Russian.

PRH said...

Lot's happened in 72.....bittersweet year for me, but those old "Music Videos" are a hOOt to watch.

Christina RN LMT said...

I can only say one phrase in Russian, and I'm not about to say it here! ;)