Monday, October 08, 2007

Tagged and bagged.

Dudley got tagged over at the Kat House to show his desktop. Show me yours, I'll show you mine, sort of thing. Always a bit of a turn on, that notion, so I'd love to play. Unfortuately, the friggin' thing won't cooperate. I'm followin' the process: click the Print Screen key, then open up a photo program, in my case Photoshop, and then do a Ctrl.-V, so you can spruce it up.

Well, it's not workin'. Tried it a million times in a million ways, and nothin' comes up. This sort of thing always leaves me feelin' like the biggest friggin' idiot in the world. I can't even figure out how to save the picture from the computer. It's stuck in Webshots, and it won't let me save it to another file. So, what I can do is take a picture of my desktop, and show you that. Think of it as a consolation prize.



Purdy, aitn't it? It's a picture of Mt. Tombstone, Upper North Klondike Valley, Ogilvie Mountains, Yukon, Canada. I use it as the picture on my phone too. Love the look of it. Have persistent fantasies about walking into the woods some day and ending up in a place like this, finding it full of mammoth and such, and spending the rest of my life there.

Not wanting to spread this pestilence any further, I'm gonna refrain from tagging anyone. If you can figure this crap out, and have cool pictures on your desktop that you want to share, consider yourself tagged. You're it.

Update: Well I'll be damned...



I finally got it to work. Finally searched through the programs on this thing and used Dell Paint Shop Pro. Don't think I've ever used it before. Imagine my shock, but don't ya think the earlier photo is a little prettier? Anyway, consider yourself tagged, if you wish.

12 comments:

Kevin said...

Mine has a picture of my wife flying downhill on a toboggan, hair flying wild with a big open - mouthed smile, having a grand old time...

JDP said...

FHB I hit the Printscreen key then opened up my Paint program and then hit control/v and it worked like a charm

JDP

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Prudy!

You know I hate "tag jobs"...so thanks! Besides, you know what I have up.

*Goddess* said...

I was tagged for that last week, and I couldn't get it to work NO how.

Sarge Charlie said...

yep that is prudy

Les Becker said...

Truthfully, I can't be bothered to post a pic about my desktop and blog about it - :-) But I'll tell you about it. It's a photo of the brand new Airstream trailer that I'm going to buy to drag around North America when I get my Free-Wheelin' All-Expenses-Paid Embarrassingly Well-Padded Travel Magazine Dream Job. You WILL let me visit you, park on your lawn, use your water, electricity, and internet access for 2 weeks to a month when the time comes, right, Hairy? Hairy...?

Chuck said...

Pretty cool background you got there FHB! I might have to give this a try on a future post.

FHB said...

Yea guys, I know. That's why I didn't rally tag anyone. And yep, It's purdy. I've gone through a few other nature scenes like it, potentially full of buffalo and mammoth, but this one has stuck the longest. I haven't surfed Webshots in a long time, content with this one. And Les, you know you can slide by any time. There's Chinese and Mexican food waitin'.

Les Becker said...

And beer, right? Stella works. :-)

FHB said...

We'll do it. When you comin'?

Unknown said...

I also usually just paste into Paint and save it as a JPEG. I have a picture of my two dogs on my desktop at work and I think I have something generic at home.

Nice picture by the way -- I'm thinking of changing mine now to some of those gorgeous Hawaiian sunsets that I have.

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah - I love your desktop photo - it's absolutely gorgeous. I'd like to see that place in person,