Saturday, December 15, 2007

Friday night was a good time.

I think dad's getting a little tired of the camera, do you think?



He's in mid protest here. I was gigglin' like a fool. I guess I could be more surreptitious, but this camera takes better pictures with the flash on.



Denise is still very difficult to photograph. The witness protection program has rules about that, apparently.



Same shit, different day. Good stuff. It was dry and a bit bland for a few weeks there, but they must have got themselves a new cook, or slapped around the old one, because it's wonderful now. Look at the size of those shrimp. Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm.



After dinner we took dad home and mom broke out the Bailey's again. We had a little tipple and they told Denise a few stories about old times. I asked mom where she got these beautiful little glasses and she said they were picked up on their first tour of duty in England, back in the mid-'50s. A few have been broken in all the moves since then, but these were still in tact. Nice stuff. There are treasures from all over the world in that house.



Mom's mind is still clear as a bell, so she did most of the talking, and then dad would grunt his agreement from time to time. They make a good team, the two of them. Christmas will be their 57th wedding anniversary. Amazing to me that they've made it this long, and they're still goin' strong.



She got wistful at times, thinking of all the different places and people they'd known. We all needed a refill in time, and the bottle was in danger of being emptied. We'll just have to replace it for the next time we get together. I'll get her a few so she has a stockpile. Can't have too much of the stuff.



So, You know were goin' to the game Sunday. We have a room at the Hyatt in Dallas for tonight, and detailed instructions from Dave (Chili cookout guy - the season ticket holder we got these tickets from) on how to get to the best parking place and back out again, avoiding all the crowd and crap on Sunday. It should be a fun time. I'll take lots of pictures, so let's hope the Cowboys show up ready to play. The weather looks like it's gonna be nice for the game, in the '50s, so the drive up late tonight shouldn't be trouble. We're going to a party tonight before we head north, so we'll be on the road late.

Well, you guys have a great weekend, and I'll see ya on the other end. Cheers.

8 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I love the expression on his face, I can just hear him saying "You Fat Hairy Bastard"

Chuck said...

LOL at sarge! That's a good one!

Y'all have fun at the game. I'll be looking for you on TV so hold up a sign or something!

Anonymous said...

Should be a great game. Lets hope the Cowboys win. I don't like the Eagles.

JDP

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Lovely post...but especially the wistful shot of your mom...priceless!

I'll look for you on TV!

*Goddess* said...

Oooh, and the Cowboys lost. Damn. Still I'm sure a good time was had by all. I get a kick out Denise avoiding that camera...LOL! It's interesting to see which of you will surrender first:)

Diva said...

I hate it about the Cowboys, buddy. But, I'm sure it was a blast being there none the less.

Ya'll are kids after my own heart. I sucked down my fair share of Baileys.... Mmmmmm, Baileys.

All considered I hope you guys had a great weekend!

Rhea said...

You just reminded me that I have to have some Bailey's. Looks like fun was had by all.

Lin said...

You know, I can't help but break into a big grin every time I see your dad on your Friday nights out.

But I am 100% with Denise on not being caught by the camera.

Wonderful photo of mom getting nostalgic over a Bailey's!