Monday, December 03, 2007

Had dinner with the little wowman Monday night.

Hadn't been to Applebee's in a long time. We both got out of work at about 7:30PM and while she'd floated the idea of cooking a nice Shepherds Pie for me, I know she's been at work since 7:30AM and she doesn't need to be messin' around in the kitchen. We met at my house and got in her car, and were tryin' to come up with somewhere to go, but nothing sparked much interest. Denise came up with Applebee's and it turned out to be a great choice. We watched the game on the nearby TV, and were amazed to see Baltimore giving New England a game.

We started with an appetizer; queso dip and chips with spicy ground beef mixed into the dip. I'm tellin' ya, it was great! It was VERY reminiscent of the queso we get at Pappasito's in Austin. I was really surprised at how good it was. Try it, you'll like it.



Denise had the Quesadilla burger, which is a conventional burger slapped between two tortillas. It was OK, but my choice was a sock-knocker-offer.



This big chunk of beef is a Brewtus Steak Burger. We're talkin' 10 ounces of sirloin topped with Bacon and the fixin's. Delish. The adult beverages were a big glass of Ziegen Bock off the tap for me, and her usual Lager Shandy (a Bud Light off the tap mixed with a soda). They gave her a glass of Bud the same size as mine and a glass of Sierra Mist (Yuk!), and she ended up getting about three refills out of it. Nice trick.

We wandered through Target after dinner, walkin' off the good food, and now I'm sittin' here sippin a brandy, watchin' the end of the game. Damn, what a close one. That last pass was amazing. Too bad. Well, you know not to come here when you're hungry. Serves ya right. Later. Off to bed. Cheers.

13 comments:

Alex L said...

its not that we come here hungry, but we always leave here frothing at the bit, well I do anyway

Christina RN LMT said...

Well said, PT.

I just had a pint of ice cream (psssst, don't tell!), and I still started drooling when I saw the Brewtus burger. Mmmmm-mmmmmm.

H2o said...

When I visit over here it never fails I'm usually well fed by the time I leave.

Christo Gonzales said...

now you did it...its 9:30 in the morning and I am craving a cheeseburger and fries

Diva said...

Yep. Good food, excellent beer. I'm gonna go get cow and alcohol for breakfast.

PS. You are one of the sweetest men I know. "She doesn't need to be messin around in the kitchen."
Make me all warm and fuzzy inside knowing you treat her so well!!

Cheers!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Okay, stop posting food...I'm sittin' here wondering how I'm going to lose some serious weight after New Year's.

What is your plan of action?

FHB said...

Tanks guys. It's all good stuff.

Diva - "Cow and alcohol"... Hilarious. And I love takin' good care of her, and she takes good care of me. She woke me up reeal special this mornin'. Nudge, nudge.

Mushy - Yea, well since you quit postin' about Wild Wings and all on "Cookings" I guess I've taken up the slack. Really, it's just that it's easy to post about this stuff, so I do it a lot.

My plan after New Years is to just keep gettin' the exercise I'm gettin', stay as busy as I am now, avoid snackin' in front of the TV or computer, and maybe start walkin' in the PM, after class. I think about joinin' a health club, but i just don't seem to have the time. We're both committed to losin' more weight in 08. I figure my stamina will improve and life will get a lot more fun if I do.

Unknown said...

You might like my queso recipe, esp. since I got it from a Texan. It's Velveeta (I use the light version), Rotel and ground beef. And then it's just a matter of finding the right mixture, based on how much you want to serve.

Cookie..... said...

Damn! I gotta stop comin over here before breakfast...

Diva said...

You kids make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! xoxox

*Goddess* said...

I gotta start eating at restaurants that only take coupons. Your food always looks so damn good.

PRH said...

Gotta stop looking at your "food" threads...I need to lose 10-12 lbs for my back recovery....and that won't get it done!

;)

Lloyd said...

I was searching for a recipe for quesadillas, and happened to chance upon the picture of the Quesadilla burger, which led me to your blog :) Very nice! I need to head down to an Applebee's sometime soon..