Friday, December 21, 2007

Here's hopin' all of you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!

First, check this out. I got two wrong. Shocked the hell out of me. Pure luck.

Anyway, I'm flyin' to Milwaukee with Denise to visit her family for the holidays today. We're leavin' the house for the trip to D/FW airport right now. Gonna see some real snow and toss her brother around some more. We hit it off really well when they visited here just after Denise and I started goin' out. Don't know if I'll have the chance to post anything from there, so this may be it till I get back on the 29th. Anyway, so as not to leave anyone out...

For my liberal friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

And for my conservative, right wing, gun nut, meat eating friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

And to anyone who lacks a sense of humor, as so many seem to do these days, you might want to click on this...



Seriously, if anything happens along the way, know that I love all y'all to death. You've all enriched my life in uncountable ways in the last year and a half. So here's hopin' you all have a wonderful time and we get to keep havin' it for a long time to come. Cheers.

18 comments:

J said...

I loved it! I only got 2 wrong also. Did you miss the last question? (the one about Santa Claus town?) I didn't because I have been there! Booyah! I won't give away the answer though.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year also, even if I am not totally 100% conservative, and I don't carry a gun.

And? Nothing will happen along the way. But, it is still nice to hear how much you love us. We love you too, you tall hairy bastard.

:)

NICKEL said...

Have a great Christmas and New Year. Take care.

BRUNO said...

Well, geez---try to start out with a POSITIVE outlook for the trip, already!

Yeah, yeah---we all LOVE you, too!

But I ain't kissin' your ugly, hairy self! A "bear-hug"---MAYBE!

With the proper "attitude", of course...!

BRUNO said...

And I only missed ONE---the one about when Christmas sales peaked!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

See ya...Mushy's may not be the same when you return...but you know where I'll be.

Merry Christmas

Alex L said...

Merry Christmas

Jerry in Texas said...

I only missed one. Stupid Chile anyways.

Have a great time up north for your first White Christmas in a long time. See ya soon.

none said...

Two wrong here as well.

Have a great Christmas!!

Lin said...

You two have a great time up there! Just watch out for Packers fans - they can get vicious in their natural habitat.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you 2 lovebirds on Thursday at the banquet. Got some good reports on your delicious gumbo! I hope you 3have a fun, safe holiday trip to Milaukee!! Belle

Sarge Charlie said...

Best wishes my friend for a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year........only you could do that to merry christmas......smile

JDP said...

Merry Christmas

JDP

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

too funny fhb!!! have a very merry christmas to you and denise and the family too!

smiles, bee

Catmoves said...

Merry Christmas. Enjoy Milwaukee hospitality.

phlegmfatale said...

I hope you and Denise had a happy and warm Christmas!

Diva said...

Poppin in on ya to wish you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I'm gonna go eat me some cow and down a six-pack now.

Hope you guys are having a great time!

xoxo Diva

FHB said...

It's Thursday night and I'm pissed. It's colder in Texas than it is here, and I'm havin' to deal with dial-up connectiion here at the house. Well, they're talkin' about a front maybe dumpin 6 to 10 inches of snow in the next few days, so I haven't given up hope. Havin' a great time. Takin' lots of pictures... You know. Later.

James Burnett said...

Merry Christmas, FHB. I hope you're enjoying Milwaukee. I love the city. Spent seven years there before I moved to Miami.

If you're a coffee guy, visit the Alterra Coffee House in the old pump station on Milwaukee's East Side. It's across the street, literally, from Lake Michigan. The coffee shop is in an old sewage pump station, no longer function as such, of course. But while the sewage (thankfully along with all its "residuals") is gone, the station still looks like it did decades ago. Very cool.