Thursday, December 20, 2007

Since we're flyin' out Friday in the middle of the afternoon...

I'll be takin' dad to eat Friday night Chinese food tonight. It'll give dad his regular night out and me a chance to go over and hand them a few presents. I'll also get my pressin's from the drive-through laundry in Temple before we head out of town for D/FW airport and out trip to Wisconsin Friday afternoon.

The week has been hectic. Gave Finals in Florence and finished up the grades for the 5 classes I had on Ft. Hood. Also finished up an online class and posted those grades. It all was finished in a marathon cession Tuesday night on the computer. All this while we're tryin' to get ready to go to Wisconsin, buy and wrap presents, and then there's the annual Christmas feed at work today. I have a gumbo cookin' for that in the crock pot as we speak, while I write Christmas cards and get ready to get my hair cut at 9:30. Busy, busy.

The traffic here this time of year is nuts, and it doesn't help to have several roads under construction right off the main highway through town. I swear, we've got the worst urban planning in this town anyone has ever seen. None of the exit or on ramps are where they should be, and so now they're all having to be redone. Chaos. I went to Dillard's today to get Denise a prezzy and had to sit in traffic for a half hour just to get off the damn mall parking lot and over to the other side of the highway to the house. Makes me want to go postal. Oh, don't even let's talk about goin' to the post office yesterday. Jesus H.

We met a friend from work for dinner at Boston's last night. I was expecting have to explain to yet another person why it was that I stayed to myself so long, and why it was Denise who nabbed me. I'm about to start tellin' folks to kiss my ass and mind their own business. Anyway, happily, it never came up. This person did give Denise hell though for wearin' the Packers sweatshirt to the game Sunday. We had a great time, and then Denise and I made a trip to Wal Mart and then came back here and I wrapped a few more presents.

I'm off from work now till the 3rd, when my Mini-term begins. Both classes have made, so I'll be busy with that for three weeks in January before the regular term begins. Also even though one online class just ended, truth is that online classes never really end, so I still have to check email regularly while were in Wisconsin.

Well, I'm off. Gotta go to Salado and get sheared. Need to get me one of those Flowbee things like I think Mushy's got and just adopt the Gulag look. Think that would work for me? Later. Cheers.

9 comments:

Rhea said...

Yeah, do a Flowbee cut!! That would be beautiful on you. By the way, Happy Holidays, dude!

PRH said...

No work for me(of course being retired what is work anyway) until 1/8/08....

Just a shot in the back(tomorrow) and a kick in the ass.....for the next couple of weeks.

Merry Christmas brother.........

Chuck said...

I'm off the same amount of time as you. We should get together and drink some beer!

Y'all have safe travels!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

It ain't a Flowbee...it's a "They Call Me the Breeze!" I just stand on the deck and let the wind carry it way so birds have something with which to line their nest.

When you get my age you'll stop worrying about what people think...let'em guess!

Have a safe trip brother.

Jerry in Texas said...

FHB,
Sorry I couldn't meet up with you in the big D. We drove from Tulsa to Houston and I flew back home today. I'm hitting the rack early tonight.

Wisconsin, eh? You crazy Texan. Do you even own a coat?

See you in January.

H2o said...

Have a Merry Christmas FHB!!!

Christina RN LMT said...

Safe trip, FHB, and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

J said...

Have a good time on your trip, and have a wonderful Christmas. See you soon!

Diva said...

Breathe deep and enjoy!! Hope you have a safe and happy Christmas in Wisconsin! I also hope you're taking a big coat and don't turn into a FHBcicle.

xoxo Diva