Monday, December 31, 2007

Well, we're back...

But for some reason I don't feel a huge desire to post anything, or even surf blogs. In a funk. Got away from bloggin' for 8 days and maybe it's gotten out of my system. I'm sure I'll get back to checkin' up on everyone soon, but don't hold it against me if it takes a week or so.

I had a great time meeting Denise's family, and felt kinda sad to leave that place and come home. Felt a lot like comin' home from that road trip last summer, after gettin' used to bein' away and havin' fun with the folks I got to hang with. Now I'm back here at the house. The cats are happy, and Denise and I are doin' laundry and cleanin' up the mess that's left over from 2007.

I took about 450 pictures and a few little videos, and eventually I'll get around to working on them, but right now I'm just not motivated. There's more house cleanin' to do, online classes to work on, and a new mini term startin' on the 3rd.

You guys have a great new years, and maybe I'll be out of this funk in a few. In the meantime, here's a little taste of things to come.



Took a short little snippet of video, no sound, of two of the dogs playin' in the back yard of the farm house on about the second or third day. The snow that had been on the ground when we got there had just about disappeared (it was in the upper 40s) and the dogs were havin' a good time. They provided us with endless amusement. So, have a great new year, and I'll see ya later.

14 comments:

Jerry in Texas said...

FHB,
Glad you're back, even if you're not (I can relate to that). Just seven more days and I'll be in Tejas where The Illegal Immigrant is the Texan of The Year (read the Dallas Morning News).

Have a Happy New Year, bud!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy new year to you and denise, hope 2008 is great for you both!

smiles, bee

BRUNO said...

An extended "blog-break" never did anyone harm---makes it easier to "come-up" with stuff, sometimes.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Got several like that of Tai Pan and Lacy when Lacy was just a pup...now gone...for some reason these clips are so relaxing to watch. I could do it for hours.

Lin said...

Not to worry - ride out 'the funk' in your own time. There's a lot of it going around this time of year. We'll be here when you feel like getting back to it. Luv ya!

PRH said...

Welcome Back.....glad to see you survived Cheese Country.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip. As for the funk and not posting, well so what? We'll see you when we see you.

none said...

Glad you're back. I think I know what you mean about getting in a funk. It takes time to get back into the swing of things.

Looking forward to reading about your trip.

Rhea said...

Hey, Fat Hairy, nice video of pups. Happy new year to you!

Chuck said...

Glad y'all had a fun and safe trip! Happy New Year! Looks like that little dog can definitely hold it's own.

GUYK said...

Glad to hear you had a good trip..here's hoping you have a very Happy New Year!

phlegmfatale said...

Ya gotta love farm dogs.

Hey, we all need a break from everything, now and again, and it's natural to go into a wee bit of a funk after the holidays.

Have a great new year!

JPG said...

Great vid of the dogs - - Looks much like one of ours a few months back - - lil' black pup doing tremendous battle with a huge yeller Lab. Now the ten-month-old puppy is about as large as Ben.

And a belated "Best of the new year" back to you and yours.

JPG

Unknown said...

I think we can all relate to waiting to hit the computer after you catch up on everything:) Glad to hear you had a great time with Denise's family. I had about 9 days off and it was pretty hard to come back to work yesterday.