Friday, July 06, 2007

Don't hurt yourself with this one...

Head banging has been known to sometimes cause neck injury. I think this is the best early Sabbath video I've ever seen. Paris in 1970; no doubt the very best era in modern music. I was 8 or 9 years old in England when this era was blooming, and one of my greatest regrets is that I wasn't 10 years older, and able to enjoy it live. Oh well, what can you do? Just try not to blow yer speakers with this one. Enjoy!



Pfew, that was excellent. Ozzy is such a twit though. There's nothing more stupid than watching a lead singer flail around like a fool, because he doesn't have an instrument in his hands. Makes you really appreciate a true power trio like Cream, or Rush, or Grand Funk Railroad. Never seen Tony Iommy getting into the music like that before. Usually very stoic. Love the way Geezer Butler plays the drums. He's really putting his whole body into it. Not enough footage of the bass player though. Anyway, hope you liked it.

Of course, it's Friday, so you know what I'll be doing. I'll be heading over to get dad for our regular feed at about 5:30, and then I'll be ditchin' him and headin' over to the rodeo. The folks I spent the 4th with will converge on the Bell County Expo center for the week long 4th of July rodeo in Belton. We'll see bull riding, calf roping, and mutton busting. Should be fun. I'll try to remember to bring the good camera. Hope you guys have a great weekend too. Cheers.

9 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Oh, and the other thing you do on Fridays...check Mushy's Blues!

Great pick my man...love them and him! Almost jerked my shoulder off...probably won't need PT today!

Who would ever have guess that 30 years later Ozzy would have his own cable show (did) and leave us with wonderful little quips like "Sharon, I ain't cleaning up that dog shit, I'm a fuckin' rock star!"

Rock on!

FHB said...

You know I will baby. It's my other obsession.

BRUNO said...

Competition here, people!

Careful, F.H.B.---Mushy's got a lot of season ticket-holders!

The "Friday-Night Lineup" is just like one of those "variety snack-packs"---you can get a little-nibble of EVERYTHING, you just hafta go to each package separately to sample it...!

phlegmfatale said...

Yup, Ozzy is right retarded.

FHB said...

Bruno - Never intend to be a regular music post on Friday. If it hadn't been for the 4th, I'd of posted this on Wednesday. Friday is Mushy's day.

Phlemmy - Yep, but he cracks me up.

Kelly said...

Do ya think that maybe the, uh, DRUGS had something to do with the flailing?

Just sayin'

I know I gave myself whiplash a number of times in the 80's, listening to Megadeth or something like it.

PS - don't ever try to headbang now. I did...huge mistake.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Classic.
He's a tard but that song jams.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

A real life rodeo??? OOHH - can I come? I've only seen them in films..

ps. Thanks for all the help, I've finally figured it out - now if I could only find out how to get a cool header up.

FHB said...

Kelly - Could be. Oooh, I have some megadeath comin' up for ya. Stay tuned.

UAW dude - Jams it does! And thanks for comin' by. I know I don't visit you often enough.

Shrinkie - Any time babe, but the best ones are elsewhere. But I'd put it on the schedule for your book tour of the states.