Sunday, July 29, 2007

Met my cousin's new grandson today (road trip diary - 7).



Here's the little wiggler. A boy, so my cousin will be able to train him right. Future Penn State Lineman, fer sure.



The proud mama. She and her hubby may well have different plans for the kid. They'll work it out.



The proud grandparents. Congratulations folks! Love these people to death! They've always been wonderful to me. We're all going over to the kids house tomorrow for a big family gathering, a swim, and a cookout. Should be a huge amount of fun in the sun.
My first trip up here in 1994 ended similarly, with a Memorial Day picnic at Bob's in laws place. I got to meet everyone, and they all treated me like I'd been in the family all my life. Lots of water under the bridge since then, but those feelings have never ebbed. Can't wait to get the chance to come up here again. Maybe next year.
Monday I'll jet out of here early, and head back down to Harriman. I'll post again from there some time this week. Hope your weekend has been fun. Cheers.

5 comments:

*Goddess* said...

He looks like he's got a good set of lungs on him...LOL! How tiny, though;)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yeah...lungs for sure!

Nice looking folks.

Dude...'bout killed myself yesterday on the AT hike...we may have ride in the comfort of AC...supposed to be in the 90s. We'll see.

FHB said...

Goddess - he's a squealer, but not too much. Sleeps a lot, and farts.

Mushy - Whatever you wanna do man, is cool with me. Can't wait to get back down there. See ya about dinner time.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Isn't he cute?? I doubt many of us have had weekends quite as fun as the one you seem to have had..

phlegmfatale said...

He looks like a fine boy - full of ginger!

Glad you're having fun with loved ones. That's the way it should be.