Friday, July 27, 2007

Up late again with the lap top (road trip diary - 5).

Bob and I went to a local Booze barn (not it's real name) today and scoped out the local fare. Turns out they have about a dozen different varieties of Mushy's favorite, so I'll be loadin' the trunk with a few things, to let him experiment. Hell, if the stuff turns out to taste good, I might have to truck some back to Texas. Put an ad in the Killeen Daily Herald... "Anybody out there a booze head who yearns for some Yuengling? You'll have to pay up sucka!"

Bob and I went to see the latest Die Hard sequel last evening, after chowin' down at a local Chinese place, and the movie rocked! Ok, you have to suspend a bit of disbelief here and there, but it was a rollicking great time. Loved the hell out of the scenes with the F-35. They make those in Texas you know. The one portrayed in the movie is a marine/navy model, that can hover. All those capabilities are real, true to the real plane. Love the stuff we get for out tax money! At least it's more tangible than some friggin' giveaway program, flushin' billions down a rat hole, chasing after the Great Society! Give me cooler bang bang any day!

We're gonna be heading out to Jim's place early today, like 6;30 AM, to head out to a local lake and see what we can scare up. Jim's a pro, much more committed to fishing than ether Bob or I, so it should be fun. Sure as hell won't be any harmless ribbing if all I'm able to bring in is a puny little rock bass. Pressure is on. Ah well, it's just fun, right? Anyway, if the little bastard gives me too much shit I'll toss his little ass out of the boat. I'll post pictures when we return. Have a great Saturday. Cheers.

6 comments:

Alex L said...

Ahhh fishing, never has anything been so rewarding and so dull at the same time. Gee its been ages since I caught a fish, and that would of been a european carp, the worst eating fish in the world.

Christina RN LMT said...

Sounds like you're having a blast!
I haven't been fishing since I was 17, at which time I didn't catch a single, flippin' fish.
Live Free or Die Hard did rock, I really enjoyed the snarky humor, and you had to pay attention to catch all the jokes.
Yes, a lot of the movie was over the top, but suspension of disbelief took care of that!

david mcmahon said...

G'day FHB,

Pray tell - what's Mushy's favourite?

Keep smiling

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ha! Not that you're competitive or anything, eh? I caught a rainbow trout in our river once, but they're usually far too wiley for me..

FHB said...

It's all about being with these fun folks guys, more than the fishing. Sort of like this blogging, allowing me to hang out with you folks. Thanks for coming by.

FHB said...

And Dave,, he goes for Yuengling, traditional lagger.