Sunday, July 29, 2007

A year of blogging, and my 300th post.

If I'd known what fun I'd have when I started this friggin' thing a year ago, and the cool folks I'd meet along the way, and the friends who'd become just like family that I'd acquire in the process, I would never have believed it. This experience has changed my life, in many ways. Thanks guys and gals, for coming by and enriching my life. You're all dear to me, in ways that you'll never really know. I won't name any names, but you know who you are. Your links are over on the left. Some of you, I'm sorry to say, I've never got around to linking.

A few of you have been sliding by and commenting since day one. Others have come by since then, and for some reason, decided to come back. I really can't imagine why anyone would want to read what I post, but I know that the things I've read along the way at your blogs have made me a better writer, and opened my eyes to a lot of sides of the human drama that I probably never would have seen otherwise. Again, thanks for coming by and enriching my life with your words and commentary. I hope I can continue to keep it interesting, so long as this thing keeps going. Cheers.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

FHB,
Congratulations on one year blogging! The thing I like about your writing is, it comes from the heart. You've had an interesting life. Also, you can laugh at yourself...that's a rare gift.

Keep up the good work, and have fun in PA!

*Goddess* said...

YAY!! Congrats;)

Kevin said...

Congratulations FHB! Your blog is one of my first stops whenever I get online. Keep it up!

Cookie..... said...

Hey Mate!! Congrats on yur first year of bloggin...please continue...

Since I began I've met several really nice folks...some of whom I even tied up with and met, others have sent me packages frum their home State's with various things ya generally only find in that geographic region....

I loves bloggin.....

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Happy blogiversary!!
And a well-deserved congrats, FHB!!!

Anonymous said...

Can see the baby has long legs, must run in the family. "Squeeze"

JDP said...

Congrats on your 300 posts. Quite a milestone.

JDP

Christina RN LMT said...

Whoo-hoo!
Congratulations, FHB!
Reading your blog is always enjoyable, and often educating.
Blogging definitely rules.
What's odd to me is that so many bloggers whose blogs I read are in Texas...coincidence?
I think NOT!

BRUNO said...

A good HIKE in the near future will give you MORE than enough material to work with!!!

Ya' might end-up carryin' Mushy back! Now that WOULD be, "writin'-material"!

With pictures, of course........!

FHB said...

Thanks everyone, and yep, I'd gladly haul him back. But he might have to haul me. Ya never know. I bet the pictures will be killer though! Again, thanks everyone. I love you all for comin'.

Lin said...

Got here late, as usual. Congrats! I enjoy your unabashed, almost innocent sincerity.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Wow, well done, my friend! (And many, many more to come, I hope.) We love you too, my man - though judging by the recent piccys, you may soon need to drop the "fat" from your handle!

H2o said...

Happy Blog birthday to you! May you have many more years of blogging ahead of you.

none said...

Happy Blog day. It's always a good read! Although I do miss Fatty Friday ;)

NotClauswitz said...

Congrats, and it sounds like you're having fun on the road!

Dick said...

Nice work bud.

phlegmfatale said...

Congrats on the 300th, and here's to many more!