Monday, July 30, 2007

Posting from Mushy's.

Made it back to Harriman in 9 1/2 hours, an hour less than it took to drive up from here to Williamsport. Flyin' low, and the traffic was much better. Had my "mojo" workin', blarin' Robert Johnson, Albert King, The Black Crowes and Jimi Hendrix all thew way. 3 state troopers (one in PA and two in Virginia) had me in their sights and passed on it. Life is good.

Got here, checked into the hotel, showered, and then headed over to their place with the load of contraband in the trunk. Mushy and Judy were thunderstruck at the load. Hell, I told him I was gonna fill the trunk, and that's what I did. We'll post pictures later.

After unloading the stuff into the house, we went to eat at a local Italian place, and then stopped by to visit his mom. It started to rain as we got there, and all got a bit wet getting out of the truck. It amazes me how easy it is to fit right in with this bunch of folks. Great people! His mom is a sweetie. 80 years young, I think, and still sharp as a tack.

Now were tying to make plans for what were gonna do in the next few days. Shoot, sight see, and whatever else comes up that we can think of. We'll have a great time, and the pictures will be great. Here's the first one...

9 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Hi FHB,

Mushy and you, you and Mushy. But we want more details about what was in the trunk.

And just how low were you flyin', bud!!

Cheers

David

phlegmfatale said...

Y'all have fun, and we'll look forward to the full report. You look great and so happy and relaxed in the photos, btw. That's so good to see! :)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I lost 20 pounds instantly! Standing by FHB makes me feel so little...I like it!

He's a great guy and I'm glad we made the effort to hook up.

*Goddess* said...

Ok, FHB, how weird is it that one day you're looking at Mushy's pictures in his blog and the next day you're IN them WITH him?! Cuz it seems weird to me;)

Damn it, how did you manage to avoid THREE state troopers?! And you with your penchant for taking pictures of everything...sigh.

Kevin said...

I think it's great that you guys made that connection. Hope y'all are enjoying yourselves... have to admit, I'm curious about the trunk contents too...

FHB said...

It was weird at first, having him sitting next to me when I was used to see him and Judy in the pictures, but that feeling goes away quick and is replaced with a very comfortable, relaxed joy. These folks are as cool and easy going as you imagine. I love that picture because it looks like one of his photoshopped shots, with him suspended in mid air under my arm.

And the trunk? 10 cases of Yuengling beer, 7 of bottles and 2 of cans. He can't get it here, so I loaded the trunk and sped down here with it. You should have seen his face when I poped the trunk. Hilarious. I'll bring a little of it back to Texas with me, but not much.

He took me out to Oak Ridge and their wings place today, and we're about to go shooting. We'll post more about it tonight, with pictures.

Lin said...

Given the events of the last few months, it might be time to change title from FatHB to FreakingTall HB.
And this is good, little bro.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Aww, this is great Dan, thanks for taking us along!

NotClauswitz said...

Mushy's a midgit! ;-)