Friday, July 13, 2007

Went by the old local Chinese place again for lunch on Thursday.



The generals chicken and rice were excellent as usual. Had a long day Thursday, mopin' around. Long day of classes, ending too late for me to be able to join my friends to watch them play pool after. Joined them just in time for a late breakfast at Denny's at about 11pm. Good drunk food. Excellent time. Saved half my ham and egg melt for breakfast again this morning. It's good, I wanna tell ya.

The cooks I hang with are serving up a BBQ lunch at the campus on base this afternoon, but I usually don't get to partake. They always plan these things for lunch time (imagine) so the administrators can gather and eat. Of course, this is when I teach my classes, along with the other instructors, so very few of us will be there. I'll probably sneak a rib or two before I have to jet.

It's time to get a haircut. My cousin in Salado cuts my hair, and this time I'll be taking dad to my regular, once every 6 or 8 week trip to the barbershop. We'll both get a trim. It's a fun little reunion, catching up on family. We'll both get a visit this time. Then we'll head up to Temple for our regular feed. They'll meet dad at the door, and have him situated and be getting his dinner by the time I park the car and get in there. It's always a good time. Then we'll head back to the folks house and I'll give mom a squeeze.

I've become busy with friends lately, last three weeks or so, including a lot of time spent with my new lady friend. But she's out of town till next week, off with her family visiting her kids and grandkids in Kentucky, so I'll be chilling around the house this weekend, and maybe going to Gatesville to shoot that Enfield I picked up so long ago. That's if it doesn't rain. I also have to work on a new online class that is about to start, checking out the class layout to make sure the students can figure it out. Need to make out a new final exam for another class that is ending this Monday. All in all, sounds like a busy time. What ya wanna bet I end up on the couch, snoozin' through most of it?

Oh, and if you're not a regular visitor around these parts, be sure and check out Mushy's Friday blues post. It's always a good jam.

Anyway, have a great weekend. Cheers.

10 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Wow, thanks for the link dude!

I just posted this week's installment, but the YouTube clips are showing up...as a matter of fact, right now they aren't showing up on anyone's blog. Could be me...but looks like Blogger may be doing something weird!

The food looks good too...I need me some chinese...food, that is!

Glad to see you getting out more and hanging with friends...there's nothing like it!

none said...

Glad to hear the social life is going well. Life is a good thing to share.

BRUNO said...

Sorry, I still can't quite get into the "Chinese-Groove", I'm too much of a cheeseburger man!(The REAL kind, not those "Mickey-D's", or "Bugger-King" crap!)

I was just gettin' ready to ask about the ol' .303! Was wonderin' if it performed "up-to-snuff"....

GUYK said...

I like that General's Chicken as long as I don't eat the hot pepper in the sauce..

Kevin said...

Man, that range report's been a long time coming! Can't wait to hear how she does (the Enfield,people!)

Lin said...

Oh, that's right, it's Friday the 13th, time to test your luck on the General's blue iridescent chicken again! There is a VERY nice retro Enfield being made in India these days but it is a motorcycle. Have a great weekend despite whatevers, ya hear!

david mcmahon said...

Ham and egg melt? More details, please.

I'm big on victuals and this has my head spinning. Why have I not heard of it before?

Enfields are big in India. Great bikes, modelled on the old Royal Enfield. Wonderful sound ....

Cheers

David

FHB said...

Mushy - Any time dude. Love your music posts.

Hammer - Yep, it's a huge change for me, and I'm lovin' it.

Bruno - No problem man. Takes all kinds.

GuyK - Yep, I always brush them to the side.

Kevin - Yea, I've been busy as hell, and it's been sittin' there waitin' to be taken out. Now it's raining again, so the shoot is questionable. We'll see.

Lin - Hilarious, I totally glazed over the whole Friday the 13th thing. Was concentrating on it being payday.

David - When you come to the states we'll take you to Denny's. Great midnight drunk food. The melt is my favorite thing there. It's a toasted sourdough bread sandwich, with ham, scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon. Delish! Ate half of it Thursday night, and I'll have the rest of it for breakfast on Saturday.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I had no idea you'd posted these up - I'm so chuffed!! Both the Janis' will always rock for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you, you beautiful lad - it's made my week. xx

(Couldn't find the comments section to leave this on, so put it here instead.)

Anonymous said...

FHB,
Listen to cousin Peggy. The bushy eyebrows have got to go. Along with the nose hairs. Can't have you going around looking like Larry Hagman: http://z.about.com/d/tvdramas/1/0/M/E/nip-larryhagman.jpg>