Friday, September 22, 2006

Damn, I miss my jeep.

It's like when you hear about people who've lost a limb. They can still feel it there even though it's gone. Phantom pain. After 12 years and putting about 325,000 miles on it (of 358,400), my arm still feels that shifter. I slide up to the teller window and I'm no longer right there. I have to reach up to everything. That will take a LOT of getting used to. When I traded it in, the dude said he'd never seen so many miles on a jeep. Well, the Solara is growin' on me. The feel of bein' in it reminds me of the '82 trans-am that I drove in grad school in the late 80s. It should get much better mileage, which is why I went in this direction, and then one day when it's paid for I can look for another jeep or a truck to play with. SUCKS to have to make car payments. It's been 10 years since I had to do that. I'll learn to love it. Shit, Ill have it for ten years. That's what I do.

5 comments:

*Goddess* said...

Damn, that Solara is a nice looking car. Wouldn't take me long to learn to like it, car payments and all.

Becky said...

I'm surprised you fit into that. My longest car run is about five years so far, just because I got tired of it (or in the case of my used Durango, it died on me).

Dick said...

I miss my Rubicon but such is life.

FHB said...

The only way I fit in it is due to the electric seat. It goes down and back a bit more than the other.

NotClauswitz said...

My '95 F-150 is still in the shop, I need to get another 160K out of it...