Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pickles.

I've always LOVED sweet pickles. I can sit
and eat a whole jar in one sitting. My mom
used to wrap up a sweet pickle or two in
cellophane and put them in my school lunch
bag when I was a kid so I could eat them
alongside the sandwich and apple, and usually
a Dr Pepper. Ok, sometimes I'd also have a
twinky or some left over fried chicken. I
wasn't born a fat hairy bastard after all.
It took years to build this body.

Damn, I just flashed on a scene in the lunch
room, Southwest High School, about 1978,
when some coach came by and went nuts over
my moms fried chicken. Her shit has always
gone over big.



Sweet is the way to go.



Mom loves dill pickles, but I've never
been able to enjoy a dill. Something
about the sour vinegar taste. Eeew.



And of course, I love to have the sweet
relish on a hot dog or cheese burger. Really
makes a good burger most of the time,
along with the mustard and stuff.

Of course, now that I've gone Type 2, I can't
eat them the way I used to, but after seeing
this, I don't know if I'm ever gonna be able to
see a pickle the same way ever again.

Never again.

7 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I love sweet pickle slices on my hamburgers and on my bologna sandwiches. Once when I had scarlet fever, that was the first thing I wanted after 2 or 3 days of not eating - bologna and sweet pickle sandwich.

I'm trying to ignore the gross picture, butt it's hard to do. Why in the name of all that's good, would anyone even thing of such a thing, let alone try it. What's she gettin' ready for a big bologna roll?

*Goddess* said...

Just yesterday I was wondering if either of you would run the pic of the guy with two fish coming out of his butt. Wonder no more....lol!

Dick said...

The question is, would you eat those pickles?

Canoes under my shoes said...

Oh God...yuck.

The internet....

NotClauswitz said...

I am not gonna click on that link.

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

My godness me... what an idea only to do something like that.(The pic)

Zelda said...

I think I fainted.