Sunday, November 18, 2007

Finally finished with the Terlingua shots.

They've been uploaded to FlickR in a set, so you can click here and go see them all laid out in order. There's like 330 shots, so enjoy. The shots from Enchanted Rock and a few others may be up there tomorrow. We'll see. Meanwhile, here are some shots from Yesterdays trip to Fredericksburg, taking Denise and a friend of hers down there to shop and see the sights.



Here's a winery where we tasted a few local brands and I ended up buying a few bottles.



Here's a nice pond outside one fancy restaurant.



Here's the beer on display at one German restaurant we ate at called the Auslander. Of course, we ate well, and I drank heavily (not really). I even busted out an Ashton while the ladies were going through one more shop where they sell frilly smelling women's crap. I found myself on the sidewalk with a lot of bored husbands. I think I caught a few of them lookin' up at me, thinkin' "Damn, I wish I'd brung a ceegar." Don't get me wrong, I can window shop with the best of them, and I had a great time. I'm going back this Friday to get a book signed by Elmer Kelton, who'se gonna be there sellin' his latest book. He's a genious, so it'll be a hoot to meet him. I'll get him to sign my coppy of "The Good Old Boys".



That first one was already gone by the time I thought to start takin' pictures. Let's say I was thirsty, and it didn't last long. That tall one is a Paulaner Hefe-Weiss. The earlier one was a Belgian Sunshine Wheat. They both tasted good. Check out their beer list here.



Our appetizer was a plate of beer battered fried mushrooms dipped in ranch dressing. Damn, they were good.



And this is the business end of my bacon cheeseburger. No, I'm not into German food. I bussed tables at a German restaurant when I was a kid, and that cured me of any desire.

Anyway, I'm off to Gatesvile to puck up my new Garand and do some plinkin'. See ya.

13 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh MAN that burger looks good. i must be feeling better!

smiles, bee

Sarge Charlie said...

Oh yeah, i just a bologna sandwich and diet coke...

Christina RN LMT said...

Damn!
Those mushrooms look soooooo good.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Damn! Remind me never to visit your blog again on the first day of my diet! Sigh.

Diva said...

Why is it everytime I pop into your world I get hungry?
Hmmmmmm....

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! And again, welcome home!

Christo Gonzales said...

you must have little hands cause thats one big ass birger...LOL

FHB said...

Thanks for comin' by folks. Yep, it was all good. Goin' back this Friday and will probably partake again.

And Doggy, no, I have large hands. That burger was a monster. I took the two halves and smooshed them togethar, and then had to cut it in half so I could get a bite out of it. The fries were forgettable though. I left most of them on the plate.

Chuck said...

Mmmmm....gimme a bite!

Christo Gonzales said...

I looked at ALL the flkr...twice..how far away were you from the boobs???

phlegmfatale said...

omg - the burger, the beer and the mushrooms look amazing. I've gotta go to that Auslander place!

Alex L said...

You must tell us how the garand goes.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Every time a see a wall of beer picture I realize that I will never live long enough to sample it all - too many beers and too little time.

Great photos dude!

FHB said...

Chuck - Get yer but down here and I'll get you one.

Doggy - Startred out right up close, but thought I'd get better shots from up top. Worked out.

Phelemmy - Let me be your tour guide.

Pope - That post is up. Enjoy.

Mushy - Shit dude, come on down and we'll give it a try.

Dudes, it just hit me... Bloggerfest in Fredericksburg!