Monday, November 26, 2007

I think mom had a good birthday today.

Denise and I went over to Temple after I got out of class at 7pm and we all shared a pizza. Mom loves the take-and-bake pies she gets at Papa Murphy's. We wanted to take the two of them out for dinner but she had already picked up the pies and was chillin' the wine, so we just went over after work and dug in. It was fun.


Denise remembered that mom had talked once about how much she loves Bailey's Irish Cream, so she took a bottle she had at the house, wrapped it up in one of those nice paper sacks with frilly paper you can get at the grocery store, and she gave it to mom. You should have seen the look on mom's face when she opened the paper.



So, we had good pizza and red wine for dinner, lots of fun conversation, and then a cold glass of Baily's for dessert. All in all, mom seemed to have a nice 80th birthday. She was happy. She says when she hits 90 were all goin' to Bermuda. I was like "Wooohooo mom!"

Thanks for all the nice comments and birthday wishes you guys. I really appreciate it. Cheers.

12 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Outstanding!

Glad you guys had fun, and Mom a great Birthday, too.

Bailey's is practically the only form of alcohol I can tolerate, taste-wise. I used to sneak nips at the bottle when I was a kid, my Mom never knew...

Diva said...

Ahhhh, Baileys. Your mom has wonderful taste. Go, Mom!!

I'm glad she had a muy exelente birthday and that you are so close! I miss my mom dearly and cherish the time I manage to steal with her.

Suldog said...

Well, Happy Birthday To Mom! Have another Bailey's!

Sarge Charlie said...

one fine looking 80 year old, me, I am falling apart at 70.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Happy Birthday Momma FHB!

My mom was 81 this year and she still loves a sip of whiskey every now and then too.

H2o said...

What a beautiful lady! May she have a healthy year ahead.

FHB said...

Thanks again guys. You're the greatest.

Jerry in Texas said...

Tossin' back the Bailey's, eh?

Why not? You're only 80 once!

Go, Mom. Happy Birthday!!!

Christo Gonzales said...

too fricken cute....my folks arent far behind


plus she birthed your giant ass....thats like a....MIRACLE....

*Goddess* said...

Happy birthday to your mom!

phlegmfatale said...

I hope yer ma had a lovely birthday!

FHB said...

Jerry - Yep, only once, and she'd doin' it in style.

Doggy - Yea, you know it had to hurt. I think she had drugs. Heavy drugs.

Goddess and Phlemmy - Thanks ladies. I think she had a good day.